Nameless chronicles secret ending *Spoiler*

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Superhero

Nameless chronicles secret ending *Spoiler*

Mensaje por Superhero » 28 Jun 2018 03:01

I mean, I guess it is fair to say that Unknown has been revealed to be currently one of the most powerful entities in the recent events of the Nameless chronicles, at least in my opinion.

It claims that using Baal, it was only able to unleash half of its true power and Baal was already considered the top guy of the bunch. Granted Baal wasn't able to fully manifest...it is still impressive that it is only half of its true power.

But well Unknown now has access to Ergo Mundus body and of course...is working with Etheldrea (by far one if not the most powerful wizard of all time)

There are of course, many questions with that last tidbit of reveal.

So why not...shoot all your speculations.
Dyel

Re: Nameless chronicles secret ending *Spoiler*

Mensaje por Dyel » 28 Jun 2018 03:11

I have a fair bit of speculations, many of which are actually on the discord, moving on, I believe that this event may have something to do with using Genesis or perhaps, something to do with Eltherlda wanting to shatter the barriers. There has also been some theories that this may tie in with the noth. It's thought that unknown is actually Millennium.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 28 Jun 2018 03:21

Millenium would be an interesting choice and theory, quite honestly I would like it to be the case, guess would make sense with how little people know of her abilities.

Yeah I wondered, if for some reason Etheldea wanted to break the barriers too...but for what reason? I have no clue, she is probably quite aware of the powers in shadow, even if currently Imperium at least is weakened from the last "hack".
Dyel

Mensaje por Dyel » 28 Jun 2018 03:27

Breaking the barriers would be perfect for unknown. That would be some real chaos. And I think Unknown may want that. and perhaps of Etheldea helps make it happen, she'll get something from Unknown.
lizvne

Mensaje por lizvne » 28 Jun 2018 07:34

Superhero escribió:
28 Jun 2018 03:01
It claims that using Baal, it was only able to unleash half of its true power and Baal was already considered the top guy of the bunch. Granted Baal wasn't able to fully manifest...it is still impressive that it is only half of its true power.
Unknown as using not the Baal but a seed of Baal. Thus I believe The Unknown's max power level is 17 (same as full powered Baal or Ergo), half of that is about Lv 15, on par with The Nameless, thus Nameless could win.

Keeping fingers crossed for Perfect World Guide II.
Imagen
dunnoww

Mensaje por dunnoww » 28 Jun 2018 08:43

lizvne escribió:
28 Jun 2018 07:34
Unlikely, sadly:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/850060/d ... 339269975/
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 28 Jun 2018 10:50

lizvne escribió:
28 Jun 2018 07:34
Superhero escribió:
28 Jun 2018 03:01
Unknown as using not the Baal but a seed of Baal. Thus I believe The Unknown's max power level is 17 (same as full powered Baal or Ergo), half of that is about Lv 15, on par with The Nameless, thus Nameless could win.

Good point on the seed of Baal and it's true that Anima power level grows exponentially.

Ah too bad that Carlos is hesitating in making a PWG II, looking at Dunnow link.
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 28 Jun 2018 12:09

I'm of the opinion that the Perfect World Guide was poorly handled, especially because of the split between the two kickstarters. I'd prefer there not to be something like that again, rather, it'd be nice if he folded the stats for these things into a TWWAU II.

Etheldrea's involvement in all this raises questions about the stuff written in Gaia II. I know Carlos likes to iterate as he goes along, but it'd be nice to know how GoM fits into her story as presented there (it seems there is at least a massive retcon about her relationship with the Nameless, which was NOT recent and according to GoM happened two thousand years ago).
TheMunkis

Mensaje por TheMunkis » 28 Jun 2018 12:26

Unknowns motivations are certainly interesting. This fixation on chaos really helps to cement it as the "nameless shadow" member of the Five. Because of that, I kinda question Unknown and Etheldrea's cooperation. Other than ties to Adam W. Lancerot, I really can't find any way to tie her to the Five. So despite her not being part of the Five, and despite Unknown acting just as you would expect from one of the Five, I got the impression that this was according to her plan. Which would mean that either she is way in over her head and don't know what she's doing (which I find doubtful) or she has her own reasons to side with the Five. I never got the impression that she was an antagonistic figure, so I wonder what she's really up to.

It also makes me wonder if Unknown is the only member of the Five she's working with. Who knows, maybe she's just bossing them around for her own reasons. I believe the Five wanted to find a Shajad body for some reason, maybe it's the same reason that they wanted the seed of Baal, or the body of Ergo. Since Gaïa 2 takes place nearly two years after GoM, I think it's fair to assume that Ergo wasn't enough, and that they need more power, hence why they are now looking for a Shajad.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 28 Jun 2018 13:33

As a reminder Etheldrea is one of the many people who sealed Baal during the third shadow wars (Baal the Gate of Hell), before the fourth shadow wars: Ergo Mundus.

She probably planned it for a very long time.

2 years is technically nothing for people who are basically immortal. I mean even the Unknown mentioned that it had been planning the events for many years. Etheldrea never seemed to be the kind to rush things.

Still tho, there are a lot of things I wonder about this. But then again, I suppose that it is hard to know what she would want. Etheldrea can open portals to other planes of existence at will (one of her unique powers), and when the book said she had many supernatural friends that would come to her aid at any time...with Unknown obviously part of her list of friends now obviously using Ergo as a puppet under her control or probably letting unknown control it...Etheldrea is very scary to say the least.

Yeah she never seemed like an antagonist to me, but then again...who knows what's her main goal is. I mean even in Gaia vol II quests, she is listed as one of the possible contacts for players to protect Spheria against Guideon squad assault on the city. But then again, she might just do it because of her promise to protect Spheria.
Responder