Weapon Inconsistency Nameless Chronicle Slight Spoilers

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Dyel

Weapon Inconsistency Nameless Chronicle Slight Spoilers

Mensaje por Dyel » 21 Jun 2018 23:47

This topic is just going over some of the weapon names that we see in the game and they feel a bit off. I think there might be a writing error between the game developers or perhaps this is actually something done on purpose, but I'm going to reveal what I've seen so far while playing the game. Because this has to do with the Promethius book, I've decided to place this in Anima Beyond Fantasy than Anima Gate of Memories.

So first, we have Nekrom. It's a pretty nice weapon and it's nice to see it in Nameless's hands, but looking at the description of it. It seems to be an echo of something.

https://i.imgur.com/e4mDQZg.png

Now, this might just be a small translation error, but we have the weapon Necrom in the book which looks exactly the same as Nekrom, which describes it was a weapon made by kidnapped smiths in the Clan of the North and cursing the blade. It seems like a far fetch from what we're shown in the game. And then we have Nekrom Thanatos.

https://i.imgur.com/vc4HuFm.png

Clearly, we're getting a big lore dump here that it's a fragment of the scythe of death. Let me just say one thing. I think this weapon looks beautiful, I utterly love it, but it confuses me. As it takes this normally decent +10 weapon into an unstoppable killing force almost equal to power to Angelus in the first game, by the by, I don't know what's up with the Dark Angelus and if anyone can tell me about it in the lore of Gaia, I'd appreciate it, but back to the topic. I'm wondering if this weapon was supposed to be Tartus Appolyian. Or that's what it seems like to me. considering the Necrom was made by the clan of the North, perhaps it's actually a hidden weapon of legend, but to my last point.

This one just seems really off. Zetsubo. The 7th Weapon of Legend, The absolute sword. The ultimate weapon crafted for the Lim Sedhe. Is actually a +10 ram dao in the book of promethium. I'm....not sure what else to say. It has the same name and looks exactly the same.

https://i.imgur.com/fKzC8wv.png

https://i.imgur.com/7x0Np8P.jpg
TheMunkis

Re: Weapon Inconsistency Nameless Chronicle Slight Spoilers

Mensaje por TheMunkis » 22 Jun 2018 16:31

The Zetsubou is likely the way it is because it's copypasted from GoM. In that game you can acquire Caliburn which has that exact same description. If you check Prometheum Exxet, that also lines up, as Caliburn is the seventh weapon of legend. So yeah, definitely just a copypasted description that shouldn't be there.

Now why a level 3 artefact is the greatest weapon you can get in Nameless Chronicles, beating out both the Necrom Thanatos and what not-Gaudemus describes as a weapon rivaling the greatest accomplishments of even the real Gaudemus is beyond me.
Dyel

Mensaje por Dyel » 22 Jun 2018 18:36

I cannot find caliburn from G9oM in my save, so I'll take your word on it
lizvne

Mensaje por lizvne » 26 Jun 2018 23:22

Caliburn is present in GoM, it is an NG+ weapon, available in NG+ after you find the last Velez Seal. Beside Angelus and Dark Angelus this one is in top 3 weapons.

As for Necrom and Zetsubou.. yes, I am also surprised.
Imagen
Dyel

Mensaje por Dyel » 27 Jun 2018 06:41

Thank you Lizvne. If you had a picture to show it's description and how that compares to zetsubou I would be grateful.
lizvne

Mensaje por lizvne » 27 Jun 2018 08:36

I'm a bit away from my PS4, but official guide lists it's stats as Attack 80 Magic 20 Critical 3 Critical Damage 80 no special.
Imagen
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 27 Jun 2018 10:12

Dark Angelus I'm pretty sure is unique to the events in Gate of Memories. As Dark Angelus is technically a shadow of a memory (Basically a copy of Angelus), as you get from the strange mask quest, whom is hinted to be a shadow of a Giovanni (Reminder that all Giovanni had a copy of Angelus as their lineage sword).

You also have to keep in mind that a lot of things in Arcane/Gate of Memories were technically not real...many are really just created from Memories. We all know memories aren't very accurate, some memories can be embellished or remembered poorly. Like Kappel in the GoM is just a shadow made from memories and doesn't actually show up there in person, among many other examples.
lizvne

Mensaje por lizvne » 27 Jun 2018 14:38

Superhero escribió:
27 Jun 2018 10:12
Like Kappel in the GoM is just a shadow made from memories and doesn't actually show up there in person, among many other examples.
In fact, almost all messengers are just memories. Some technically dead (Druaga and most likely Nascal), some totally unrelated to their original (Kappel), some having a link with the original (Malekith, Rametek). however it seems memories in Arcane are quite accurate.
Imagen
Banthor

Mensaje por Banthor » 27 Jun 2018 23:02

lizvne escribió:
27 Jun 2018 14:38
Superhero escribió:
27 Jun 2018 10:12
Like Kappel in the GoM is just a shadow made from memories and doesn't actually show up there in person, among many other examples.
In fact, almost all messengers are just memories. Some technically dead (Druaga and most likely Nascal), some totally unrelated to their original (Kappel), some having a link with the original (Malekith, Rametek). however it seems memories in Arcane are quite accurate.
The more interesting thing to think about is what was real outside of the obvious choices. Zero does not seem to have any tie to the real world and may just be something akin to what Ergo Mundus was (effectively a piece of Baal that broke off and became autonomous at least as I understood it), but just didn't quite get over the hurdle of being free from Baal. I'd like to think that Etheldrea's Guardian was intentionally placed there in Nameless's mind as a safeguard. I suppose the Noth were all real and can even show up in abstract places because their powers never had any logic to them to begin with.
Gaia Volume 2 translation progress report : It's done. Want to cry in a blanket burrito now.
Dyel

Mensaje por Dyel » 27 Jun 2018 23:07

[/quote]

The more interesting thing to think about is what was real outside of the obvious choices. Zero does not seem to have any tie to the real world and may just be something akin to what Ergo Mundus was (effectively a piece of Baal that broke off and became autonomous at least as I understood it), but just didn't quite get over the hurdle of being free from Baal. I'd like to think that Etheldrea's Guardian was intentionally placed there in Nameless's mind as a safeguard. I suppose the Noth were all real and can even show up in abstract places because their powers never had any logic to them to begin with.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about Zero, he might have just represented someone strong willed in the memory of Baal. Also, it's stated that the Noth in Arcane aren't really Noth, but they do show the special ability of being able to leave which memory they came from, that being Keppel.
Responder