Megas Therion

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Jperez098

Megas Therion

Mensaje por Jperez098 » 14 Jun 2017 03:15

I was going through the promethium exxet and I came across the city of Megas Therion. I just wanted to see if anyone has ever done this as a story hook before and how you went about it. I'm currently running a campaign with some friends and I thought this would be a great story, but I need some ideas. Any thoughts?
Seargent1

Re: Megas Therion

Mensaje por Seargent1 » 15 Jun 2017 01:33

Well, A game I completed recently involved 12 with Therion. How it went was 12 would bond himself to Therion, become God, and then kill all life on the planet under the pretense of "the planet is dying, the sea of souls is slowing, we need to fix this with a final solution. Also. Lets resurrect Rah with time travel." Then in the end my party and I stopped him only to be trapped in some dimension of time with 12 and I would shout obscenities and fight as an immortal ghost because there was no way for us to die or escape in that dimension. Good times. Along the way there was the inquisition murdering people just because they could, as well as a wake invasion from Malekith. Good times really.
So for an idea you can totally have 12 escape maybe one of the characters can escape too, and maybe you too can have a similar plot.
Stalkersan90

Mensaje por Stalkersan90 » 15 Jun 2017 14:52

I have never done anything myself with Megas Therion, but from my own personal translations that I have done of the 2nd Gaia book I discovered that Eltheldrea XIX would be the more suited Messenger to base a story line around this place as I'm pretty sure she was the original owner of it, possibly the original creator of it. But thats just based off the translations I've done and interpretations of them.
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 16 Jun 2017 12:57

Etheldrea probably was the original Meister, yes. However, it is unlikely she would be interested in the city. If she already was the Meister, she can no longer benefit from the city.

Remember that Megas Therion as an adventure site is prepared for really high level characters. The adventure hook already establishes the Triumvirate (And they all are probably level 12-13) as interested, as well as a Church Expedition led by Evangelinne (So a level 7 and a whole bunch of level 5-7 guys. Because if some organization can drown you with level 5 guys, it's the Church). One of the possible challanges in order to become the Meister is beating a Seraphim Potestas... And there is much more.

It is possible that as the city starts activating (by the characters' progression through the rituals) the magic energies start spawning elementals and other creatures born of magic. And let's not forget than the Noth are becoming more and more common, and while Megas Therion may be more than what a few of them can chew, that won't stop them from trying... So add a couple of Angels (lvl 8) and Principalities (level 10), that will spawn a whole lot of Ophanim just by being there (lvl 6)... And your players should pray that they don't get the attention of a Potestas (lvl 14).

It can be a really hard adventure.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 20 Jun 2017 17:38

Blues escribió:Because if some organization can drown you with level 5 guys, it's the Church...
Ooo, well-put. :)
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
lizvne

Mensaje por lizvne » 28 Jun 2017 08:05

Blues escribió:And your players should pray that they don't get the attention of a Potestas (lvl 14)
I believe it is Lv 12, not 14. 14 is C'iel Dragons.
Imagen
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 28 Jun 2017 17:09

I was speaking about the Noth in that part, not the Seraphim Potestas. The Noth Potestas (Let's call it Exousia, in order to avoid confusions) is lvl 14.

Also C'iel Dragons are 13.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Juande

Mensaje por Juande » 30 Ene 2018 09:18

lizvne escribió:
Blues escribió:And your players should pray that they don't get the attention of a Potestas (lvl 14)
I believe it is Lv 12, not 14. 14 is C'iel Dragons.
You are right!
My elder brother is the only one who cares about daviscup.club. I want to know about this club also. It seems to me it's pretty cool.
Leonard
Contactar:

Mensaje por Leonard » 11 Jul 2018 02:35

My current campaign involves Megas Therion. I am using it as a high objective to reach an even higuer objective. The Five want to take control of Megas Therion to use its power to reach Yggdrassil (for further objectives that arent important to the point), in order to do that, I have added a fanmade addition to Megas Therion, the existence of six ancient gems (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Zeta) and a "Ruler Scepter" that all previous meister of the city have lacked and that, when corrently placed in the city, grant the Meister even bigger powers and control of the city thanks to the Scepter. The Five, Lucanor, and Malogrius (The old Azathot of Yehuda from the Second War in the Shadows, an important guy in my campaign) all have discovered the existence of said gems, and are locked in a secret struggle to reunite them in order to further the agenda of each group/individual. The players are slowly being dragged into this thanks to plot/gnosis/ nephilim dreams/ their personal involvement with Lucanor or animosity towards Malogrius due to a traumatic past event in the campaign involving Malogrius working for the Sensheim family (due to it fitting his agenda at the point) of Ygdrammar and helping to sadistically torture and rape several players after being captured by Sensheim in the proximity of Deinemolfe and discovering their status of outsiders of Ygdrammar (and the status of the female player as a Daimah).
"I am sure we can reach a mutually beneficial agreement. After all, you have no use for an old relic like that" Erith Olson, Black Sun Smuggler
Responder