Nephilim

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Samox

Nephilim

Mensaje por Samox » 06 Ene 2017 16:40

Hi all!
I was wondering, who knows, in Gaia, what a nephilim is, and who can detect them?

Thank you for reading and answering my first message in this forum!

Have a nice day!
Superhero

Re: Nephilim

Mensaje por Superhero » 06 Ene 2017 16:46

Most people don't know, at least even understand the idea of Nephilims. There are no ways to detect them as far as I know (beside spells which read souls and the likes.)

As far as I remember Lucanor Giovanni and Sandalphon are the only ones who knows about Nephilims. The king Sterki (Goldar/Barren Icy Lands) does have an elite group of Jayans soldiers, but he doesn't know that they are nephilims, he is only interested in the fact that they are big and strong. They used to cut off their horns but don't do it anymore. Some Nephilims often ends up joining the Inquisition, as some believe that they are saint and the likes.

There are probably some entities in Samael who knows about Nephilims but last consensus, I heard, they basically don't care about them and don't allow them in their group.
Anima Project

Mensaje por Anima Project » 06 Ene 2017 18:31

They are not known among people, nor even great secret organizations (even the church doesn’t believe too much in them).
Marramiau

Mensaje por Marramiau » 07 Ene 2017 11:18

Anima Project escribió:They are not known among people, nor even great secret organizations (even the church doesn’t believe too much in them).
However in Gaïa 1 (Baho sidequests, page 216 in the spanish book) there is a former mage from Magus who seems to know quite a bit about the nephilim phenomena, and he just identifies one by listening to a few of its dreams. Is this an special case or just a momentary mental shutdown while writing it?
Anima Project

Mensaje por Anima Project » 07 Ene 2017 17:50

The fact is that it is not "unknown" fact, and there are people who theorize that Nephilim exist and such, but there is no way to prove it more than that, a theory. You can find Inquisitors, wizards, occultists... a lot of people that believe in them, but so far for most people talk about such things are simply assumption made by geeks ^^¡.
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 26 Ene 2017 23:19

Question regarding this - what about Sylvain and Duk'Zarist?

They can see light and dark in people's spirits/souls - can they, then, detect Nephilim (specifically Sylvain and Duk'Zarist Nephilim)? And if they can, do they understand anything of the concept?
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Paintrout

Mensaje por Paintrout » 26 Ene 2017 23:51

Sharpandpointies escribió:Question regarding this - what about Sylvain and Duk'Zarist?

They can see light and dark in people's spirits/souls - can they, then, detect Nephilim (specifically Sylvain and Duk'Zarist Nephilim)? And if they can, do they understand anything of the concept?
Well it does say on dukzarist nephilim's power Sense Light and Dark that they can sense the presence of any other sylvain or dukzarist nephilim but they might not identify them as such.
So in theory someone who knows what causes this could identify other sylvain and dukzarist nephilims.
Responder