Beyond the Mirror

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Ten

Beyond the Mirror

Mensaje por Ten » 30 Dic 2016 15:36

How about a thread dedicated to Beyond the Mirror's lore?

I'm really curious about the new Dragon race, the religion in this book, and anything else. I'd love to see this book come to America someday.
Superhero

Re: Beyond the Mirror

Mensaje por Superhero » 30 Dic 2016 16:53

The book has a lot of stuffs, cultural information on all the main races including the lost ones from the Those Who Walk Amongst Us. History of the Shadow Wars, The Eye of God, Kagami, The Five, the New continent and various other interreigns(Heinlein is pretty much perfect for a D&D like Anima game, while Deloran could make a Dark Soul Anima game basically) and places.

But anyway, the Turaks worships dragons and do everything in their power to protect them. They have high priests and some dragons as part of their leaders, their main leader reincarnated in a human (nephilim turak) and even a dragon contract (See Gaia vol. 1 for more details) with one of the dragons, so he has all his memories and a lot of powers. The powers and abilities of the Turaks are okay but with their dragon cults and the likes...they are mostly good as antagonists.

Hopefully one day it will come to America, I simply ordered one in another language for it.
Ten

Mensaje por Ten » 04 Ene 2017 13:49

Superhero escribió:The book has a lot of stuffs, cultural information on all the main races including the lost ones from the Those Who Walk Amongst Us. History of the Shadow Wars, The Eye of God, Kagami, The Five, the New continent and various other interreigns(Heinlein is pretty much perfect for a D&D like Anima game, while Deloran could make a Dark Soul Anima game basically) and places.

But anyway, the Turaks worships dragons and do everything in their power to protect them. They have high priests and some dragons as part of their leaders, their main leader reincarnated in a human (nephilim turak) and even a dragon contract (See Gaia vol. 1 for more details) with one of the dragons, so he has all his memories and a lot of powers. The powers and abilities of the Turaks are okay but with their dragon cults and the likes...they are mostly good as antagonists.

Hopefully one day it will come to America, I simply ordered one in another language for it.
I've been thinking about ordering a copy, but unfortunately I don't know Spanish or French. I'll hold out on hope for another translation, unless I magically learn another language in my spare time. Oh, and I was fortunately enough to find a PDF version of the book, but the scans were shoddy as hell. I prefer collecting the books anyways.

I heard the Turaks are only available in the New Continent, which kinda sucks in my opinion. How different are the Turaks compared to a Dragon pact? Also, all of the new religion looks really riveting along with all of the new/expanded lore. God, I wish I could read Beyond the Mirror.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 04 Ene 2017 14:03

Dragon Pact is way more powerful than the turaks but let see what they have going for them:

-Some physical bonuses and one mental minus
-Natural weapons (claws and bite)
-Scales (natural armor)
-A slight increase in regeneration (Daimah have better regeneration by far)
Then get to choose one or two abilities depending on how close his lineage is to a dragon (being bigger, wings, tail, amphibious, metallic scales etc...), some unusual npc can get three abilities (suppose you could let your players choose 3).
-Level modifier +1 or +2 (if two or more abilities chosen depending on your draconic heritage)

Turaks never get dragon pact...of course beside the example of the turak nephilim leader who came back with all his memories and a dragon made a pact with him to help him keep up.

While they mostly stay on the new continent, they wouldn't hesitate to send a group of them to the Old continent if they could save/retrieve dragon eggs or help a dragon in general.

A way to think of Turaks...think of them as Lizardfolks with the dedication of the Kobolds when it comes to please and help dragons.
Ten

Mensaje por Ten » 04 Ene 2017 14:19

Superhero escribió:Dragon Pact is way more powerful than the turaks but let see what they have going for them:

-Some physical bonuses and one mental minus
-Natural weapons (claws and bite)
-Scales (natural armor)
-A slight increase in regeneration (Daimah have better regeneration by far)
Then get to choose one or two abilities depending on how close his lineage is to a dragon (being bigger, wings, tail, amphibious, metallic scales etc...), some unusual npc can get three abilities (suppose you could let your players choose 3).
-Level modifier +1 or +2 (if two or more abilities chosen depending on your draconic heritage)

Turaks never get dragon pact...of course beside the example of the turak nephilim leader who came back with all his memories and a dragon made a pact with him to help him keep up.

While they mostly stay on the new continent, they wouldn't hesitate to send a group of them to the Old continent if they could save/retrieve dragon eggs or help a dragon in general.

A way to think of Turaks...think of them as Lizardfolks with the dedication of the Kobolds when it comes to please and help dragons.
Damn. Turaks kinda sound underwhelming if that's all they get. Maybe they are better off as antagonists, haha.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 04 Ene 2017 14:22

Pretty much, beside someone really want to roleplay them, they are better off as antagonists. Their nephilims are okay, at least they get free languages (somewhat...).
Tyr Hawk

Mensaje por Tyr Hawk » 16 Ene 2017 06:23

Ten escribió: I've been thinking about ordering a copy, but unfortunately I don't know Spanish or French. I'll hold out on hope for another translation, unless I magically learn another language in my spare time.
It's not magic, but Duolingo is free, simple, and works on an "In your spare time" format. It's how I'm learning French and, though I just started today, it's got a very Rosetta Stone format, which is excellent.

Did I mention it was free?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, just as a comment on the Nephilim Turak, the language thing is very odd. The pure race has no ability that matches it, which is the only time something like that has happened. Which brings up the question of "Why would the Nephilim (a blending of two species, basically) have an ability that neither race has?" I know the answer in the book, but it's an interesting question. And the nebulousness of the wording on that ability is just... man, abusive.
Devil's Advocate Extraordinaire.
"Just because I can argue for it, doesn't mean I agree with it."
This signature not intended as medical advice.
Ten

Mensaje por Ten » 16 Ene 2017 15:33

I'm already aware of Duolingo, it's just I'm extremely lazy.
Responder