Imperium Query (mostly for Blues) *maybe spoilers?*

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Sharpandpointies

Imperium Query (mostly for Blues) *maybe spoilers?*

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 31 Ene 2017 20:19

So, back on the old board we had a lengthily discussion about what, exactly, Imperium does with the various god-beings it hunts down and murders.

The long and the short of it was that Imperium weaponizes the dead bodies and uses the energy of the gods to create Protodeus, etc. But I forget the details.

So, I'm looking for those finer details. Perhaps someone (Blues? Light?) could answer some questions.

1. There were different levels of 'divine' beings that Imperium categorized - something like alpha, beta, sigma, etc. Would it be possible to get the info on that?

2. (If I recall) Imperium used the creator-being's energy/body to create a system that allows them to muck about with reality. What is that system called, again? ^_^

3. What do they do with the 'bodies' of the gods? - I recall mention of some kind of exo-armor/mecha or the like, possibly similar to Neon Genesis Evangalion. Is that correct, and what are these things called?

Thanks. I'm always looking for more detailed info on the serious background lore - stuff I'll probably never use in the game, but interesting for knowing what's actually happening (which does, to some extent, shape how I run things).

Edit For Great Justice: WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

^_^
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Superhero

Re: Imperium Query (mostly for Blues) *maybe spoilers?*

Mensaje por Superhero » 31 Ene 2017 20:46

Got some notes on some stuffs, not everything tho:

2) Ormus System.

3) Deus Machina: Gods made into metallic flesh essentially, they don't have a soul, so they must have a pilot who can sync with them. They are extremely powerful, stated to be strong enough to destroy the world ten times over. Imperium doesn't use the Deus Machina at the moment. EVA from evangelion are often the comparison, protodeus have been made to pilot them, as it is easier for them to sync with the gods. (God of fire Deus Machina sync well with a protodeus pilot made from the same Anima). They only have very few of them.

Now personal opinion: Deus Machina at least suggests that Imperium can use the same Anima multiple times, not sure how limited is their resource of Anima or if it is limited at all.
Última edición por Superhero el 31 Ene 2017 20:51, editado 1 vez en total.
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 31 Ene 2017 20:49

Ormus, right. Thanks, Superhero. And thanks for the other explanation on the Deus Machina. ^_^
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Light

Mensaje por Light » 31 Ene 2017 21:13

So, I'm looking for those finer details. Perhaps someone (Blues? Light?) could answer some questions.
Or AS XD
1. There were different levels of 'divine' beings that Imperium categorized - something like alpha, beta, sigma, etc. Would it be possible to get the info on that?
Sigma (gnosis 50).

But i dont know what do you mean.
2. (If I recall) Imperium used the creator-being's energy/body to create a system that allows them to muck about with reality. What is that system called, again? ^_^
Ormus, but dont remember if AS say that even in the spanish forum....
3. What do they do with the 'bodies' of the gods? - I recall mention of some kind of exo-armor/mecha or the like, possibly similar to Neon Genesis Evangalion. Is that correct, and what are these things called?
Im not sure about that but the only thing i know that they use are the Animus.

The Deus Machina, they have classes too, Apophis, Alpha, Beta, Sigma. But dont know if is still like that.
Thanks. I'm always looking for more detailed info on the serious background lore - stuff I'll probably never use in the game, but interesting for knowing what's actually happening (which does, to some extent, shape how I run things).
Well, is difficult (even for me) answer things about Imperium.
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 31 Ene 2017 21:33

Mostly for Blues? Oh, stop it you...

Now seriously, you are giving me way too much credit. You could just ask for AS, seeing the amount of attention he is giving to the forums.

1: Gnosis 50 beings are Sigmas. I do believe there was some mention of Gnosis 45 being Alpha, 40 being Beta and 35 being Gamma, but I can't find any material to quote on that, so it's mostly a guess.

2: You mean the Ormus system. But Ormus being created using the body of the creator god is just a theory.

3: They harvest their Anima (Or Animus, whatever it is called these days. I'm going with Anima because that's what they used in GoM) to use as an energy source and use the corpses to create Deus ex Machina, which is a fancy name for mechs. They are similar in concept to the EVAs from Evangelion (needing someone to sync with them in order to be a pilot), but they are much more powerful (Although there are categories of them, with varying degrees of power). IIRC, sometimes, because it is difficult to find people who can sync naturally, they use Protodeus created with the DNA of the same god the Deus ex came from, because WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 01 Feb 2017 03:06

Thank you, Light and Blues. :) Appreciate the answers. And you're both correct, I could be asking AS...I'm still not used to them being available!

^_^
Blues escribió:Mostly for Blues? Oh, stop it you...
You were the dude with the answers to THIS question back on the old forum, soooo... ^_^
IIRC, sometimes, because it is difficult to find people who can sync naturally, they use Protodeus created with the DNA of the same god the Deus ex came from, because WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
Indeed.
- Blues
Ten

Mensaje por Ten » 01 Feb 2017 11:23

EVA mechs in my Anima? Why am I not surprised.
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 01 Feb 2017 14:32

Ten escribió:EVA mechs in my Anima? Why am I not surprised.
It's stuff players will probably never see. Setting material.

But thinking about that, there's an interesting parallel between the Deus Machina and the Eye of God.

1. The Deus Machina are war machines made from the physical(?) bodies of 'gods' that have been slain. They possess amazing power.

2. The Eye of God is a war machine made from the cast-off body of one of the two most powerful beings in existence (the body used to fight a war, in fact, so it's made for combat). It's...pretty powerful as well, powerful enough that if Nerelas gets it all fired up, Imperium probably won't be able to stop it before it wrecks their little ant farm.

I mean, with all of their stuff they can probably beat it (? am not sure), but before it scours the surface of the planet, or splits it in half? Ehhhh...
- Blues
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 01 Feb 2017 14:41

Imperium can definitely beat it, it's not the problem. The issue is, Nerelas will most likely kill all the humans on Gaia before they intervene. Nerelas knows that he is dead as soon as he put his plan in action but is doing it out of spite.

Of course that's assuming Nerelas is victorious from his inevitable encounter with Kagami...which can go 50/50. Kagami probably wants to use the Eye of God to make his own version of Deus Machina. (just my theory)
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 01 Feb 2017 15:13

Superhero escribió:Imperium can definitely beat it, it's not the problem. The issue is, Nerelas will most likely kill all the humans on Gaia before they intervene. Nerelas knows that he is dead as soon as he put his plan in action but is doing it out of spite.[/qutoe]

Absolutely.

I wouldn't categorize it strictly as 'spite'. Not that there isn't an element of spite in there, mind. I feel it's more...'glorious, insane revenge for my lost people'. "I know I can't defeat you, you who are responsible for destroying my people after setting up the situation where they were imprisoned for hundreds of years. No, that wasn't enough - you had to wipe my people out. All because you wanted to play with your toys. Now? Now I'm taking your toys away."

"I hope it hurts, even a little bit."

I don't admire this choice of actions, mind. ^_^ But I can understand from where it springs.
Of course that's assuming Nerelas is victorious from his inevitable encounter with Kagami...which can go 50/50. Kagami probably wants to use the Eye of God to make his own version of Deus Machina. (just my theory)
There is that. Nerelas' potentially greater personal power and Gilgamesh are offset by Kagami's puppets, his Jürganeth, his other Imperium tech goodies, all of the crap he has collected over the years, etc.

WHY Kagami wants to make a Deus Machina is open for debate. I mean...one of his big goals right now is staying off Imperium's radar.

Flying around in the Eye of God? Not so great for that.

Using it to attack a base, maybe taking something important from that base? Maybe, but I suspect the battle would obliterate the base, the Eye (if not then, shortly after when Jürgand and Patriarchs and Deus Machina show up), and probably whatever he wanted to steal.

I'm not saying Kagami DOESN'T have a good reason for wanting the Eye...I'm just darned curious as to what it could be.

Or maybe Kagami's plans don't actually include the Eye itself, but have something to do with something he needs (item, something to happen, a person, whatever) that Nerelas will surely encounter in his quest to get the Eye up and running.

Not sure....
- Blues
Responder