Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

News and announcements regarding Anima Beyond Fantasy RPG books.
Rapier

Re: Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

Mensaje por Rapier » 02 Mar 2018 08:21

Thought I'd post to say - I intend to run a new Anima campaign in about 6 months.

I'm really hoping Gaia 2 will get an English release by then.

Still waiting to spend my money on this game :)

(I'd also like to buy Core Exxert in English - as my core rulebook is starting to fall apart).
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 02 Mar 2018 10:21

Let's see if we can make a list of things to do for AS:
  • Gate of Memories DLC.
    Physical rewards from both Kickstarter Campaign.
    Relaunch the English RPG line.
    New book in Spanish.
    Gate of Memories Switch Port, maybe.
Mind you, I have made this list according to what they have said on both Kickstarter and Twitter (Switch port was mentioned by them on Twitter). If this list is correct, then I don't think finding a English Publisher should be a priority, at least until the issue with the physical rewards has been adressed. After all, according to the last update they were releasing them in December 2017/January 2018. Now, we are on March, and there is no word about it.

What I'm trying to say is: Don't expect anything from the RPG line until Gate of Memories has been completely finished, since unlike the Kickstarter campaign, they have made no promises about the books.
Rapier

Mensaje por Rapier » 23 Mar 2018 00:17

You're probably right...

On the other hand are these actually competing?

An English language publisher and translator wouldn't necessarily slow down the other rewards; mostly that's outsourcing right?
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 23 Mar 2018 12:40

The problem is that AS is a small team. Only 3 people worked on the GoM, and those 3 are the ones behind the Nameless DLC. They probably don't have resources to work at everything at the same time, so at this point they need to work things one by one.

I believe Fantasy Flight Games still has translation rights, which makes things even more complicated from a legal perspective. Mind you, what I'm saying is the best interpretation of current events; the other interpretation is that they still haven't found anyone who wants to pick up Anima...
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 27 Mar 2018 09:27

Carlos Garcia Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSpk5LX-pLE

From YouTube comments:

1. Questions about Lore? Go here http://xenosaga.wikia.com/wiki/Xenogears if it sounds similar, you got the answer.

2. New edition! Everything rewritten from scratch (despite the fact the entire ruleset has not been released) but, don't worry, it will be totally retrocompatible... Please refrain from mentioning the compatibility issues between Arcana Exxet and the former magic system.

3. GoM2 announced. Yes we will crowdfund it. What? We haven't delivered the GoM's Kickstarter rewards, yet? Ahahaha... That will be solved... Sometime...
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 27 Mar 2018 20:14

1. I mean we already knew the similarities between Anima setting and xenogears in general, I mean especially Imperium is totally taken from xenogears.

2. Sure a new edition...but I mean...I would like to see new books as in Organizations books, books about the gods etc... not just this is anima core book 3rd edition or something.

3. No comment
LuciaVincent

Mensaje por LuciaVincent » 28 Mar 2018 08:43

It's... something? I guess? I have to wonder what's going on behind the scenes.
Rapier

Mensaje por Rapier » 31 Mar 2018 00:52

I'd love a second edition. (3rd I guess? Since we never got Core Exxet)

I'm willing to rebuy all the books even (although backwards comparability would be nice - still... I love this game)

Edit: I hope if they do kickstart it though - they step up things like a nicer website/forum. I miss the old active forums - maybe they'll come back if Anima becomes bigger again.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 31 Mar 2018 05:12

They did mention the old books will be compatible...so guessing it will be another update like exxet...maybe to make things even simpler.
LuciaVincent

Mensaje por LuciaVincent » 01 Abr 2018 09:19

I poked CommutingCrow about Anima, He's one of Adam Koebel's friends, He at least responded to the initial message so *Shruggzillas*.
Responder