Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

News and announcements regarding Anima Beyond Fantasy RPG books.
LuciaVincent

Re: Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

Mensaje por LuciaVincent » 27 Abr 2018 11:26

Whatever keeps the Forum active, I suppose.
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 02 May 2018 16:38

Wish we could get some of these fan-made but looked-over-by-AS stats in English. :(
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 02 May 2018 23:48

That'd be up to Blues and his co-dev Aophis. I mean, I could take the time to convert the stats into english (not that I'm that good at spanish), but I've got no knowledge in the slightest of layouts or all the fancy smancy pretty fonts and backgrounds they used. So it'd be plain black text on white paper with no pics if I did it. There is also the issue of if they want the stats to be in english or not, wouldn't want to step on toes if that was the case.
TheTeaMustFlow

Mensaje por TheTeaMustFlow » 03 May 2018 11:23

Artorian Runaan escribió:
02 May 2018 23:48
That'd be up to Blues and his co-dev Aophis. I mean, I could take the time to convert the stats into english (not that I'm that good at spanish), but I've got no knowledge in the slightest of layouts or all the fancy smancy pretty fonts and backgrounds they used. So it'd be plain black text on white paper with no pics if I did it. There is also the issue of if they want the stats to be in english or not, wouldn't want to step on toes if that was the case.
Gotta say, I would find even that a Godsend. Or rather, my overworked GM would.
Tyr Hawk

Mensaje por Tyr Hawk » 03 May 2018 15:22

There is also the issue of if they want the stats to be in english or not, wouldn't want to step on toes if that was the case.
I can say with absolute (130%) confidence that Blues doesn't care if it's in English or not. Aophis is another matter, as I'm not as familiar with him (by that name, if nothing else).

But, really, if you don't want people translating your fan-made stuff, posting it publicly with no warning about not translating it is about as permissive as you get. So long as no one is claiming the content as their own, that's what matters to 98% of people (a guesstimate, but a pretty accurate one from what I've seen). Not like they can make money off of it, and you can't either (well, not legally), so I wouldn't worry about it overmuch.

Heck, I could do it, but I'm busy reformatting Scissura into a pretty pdf format with all the lovely fonts in my new pdf-making software. ;)
Devil's Advocate Extraordinaire.
"Just because I can argue for it, doesn't mean I agree with it."
This signature not intended as medical advice.
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 03 May 2018 16:43

I'd be totally happy just with the stats. Fancy pics and stuff? Unnecessary. ^_^

Blues has had zero issue translating his own stuff before - I wish I had gotten it before the old board went boom.
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 04 May 2018 08:03

I decided to refrain from posting until I managed to get some work done, otherwise I'd have replied earlier, sorry about the delay there. Currently I've managed to set up a google doc with all the stats and ki techniques converted over into English, all that's left now is the fluff. Which... will take me a bit of time to hand-type out then translate over (it'd be so nice if the original document had selectable text or if OCR didn't mangle everything it got its spaghetti fingers on).
TheTeaMustFlow

Mensaje por TheTeaMustFlow » 04 May 2018 14:25

04 May 2018 08:03
I decided to refrain from posting until I managed to get some work done, otherwise I'd have replied earlier, sorry about the delay there. Currently I've managed to set up a google doc with all the stats and ki techniques converted over into English, all that's left now is the fluff. Which... will take me a bit of time to hand-type out then translate over (it'd be so nice if the original document had selectable text or if OCR didn't mangle everything it got its spaghetti fingers on).
Thanks very much for your work, I look forward to it!
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 05 May 2018 11:52

Short update on progress (at balls o' clock, yeesh), I've gotten the fluff text, artifacts, and powers done for... half the document now. So sometime tomorrow I can post my google drive link. I can preface that though by saying my intentions are to give a close as possible, mediocre to acceptable translation without "localizing" anything as FFG did with Anima Tactics and the RPG line. Comparing what I've translated for the few Tactics characters included in Dramatis Personae II to the printed versions in the Saga I, II, and III book are a bit amusing in sight of the liberties taken in a few places. (Not that localizing is bad or anything, I just want to curb my desire to rewrite half the damn thing).

I will say though... in the most awkward spots where my crappy Spanish, dictionary, and google translate failed me, I have rewritten a bit. So far, only half a paragraph was too much gibberish for me to mangle my way through, otherwise the rewrites tend to be half a run on sentence to a couple of words switched around to flow a bit better.
Banthor

Mensaje por Banthor » 05 May 2018 16:54

05 May 2018 11:52
Short update on progress (at balls o' clock, yeesh), I've gotten the fluff text, artifacts, and powers done for... half the document now. So sometime tomorrow I can post my google drive link. I can preface that though by saying my intentions are to give a close as possible, mediocre to acceptable translation without "localizing" anything as FFG did with Anima Tactics and the RPG line. Comparing what I've translated for the few Tactics characters included in Dramatis Personae II to the printed versions in the Saga I, II, and III book are a bit amusing in sight of the liberties taken in a few places. (Not that localizing is bad or anything, I just want to curb my desire to rewrite half the damn thing).

I will say though... in the most awkward spots where my crappy Spanish, dictionary, and google translate failed me, I have rewritten a bit. So far, only half a paragraph was too much gibberish for me to mangle my way through, otherwise the rewrites tend to be half a run on sentence to a couple of words switched around to flow a bit better.
I've found that google translate works surprisingly well. It's major problems seem to be issues with font and issues with throwing large wads of text in all at once. Many times if you one-to-one type the spanish text in it will translate it without much fault.
Gaia Volume 2 translation progress report : It's done. Want to cry in a blanket burrito now.
Responder