Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

News and announcements regarding Anima Beyond Fantasy RPG books.
Banthor

Re: Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

Mensaje por Banthor » 25 Abr 2018 18:40

RegnierLoT escribió:
25 Abr 2018 17:50
Nerelas and Romeo have metamagics (info from Dramatis Personae 1), and so does many unofficial NPCs (given Dramatis Personae II, they actually have metamagics officially). Taking out metamagics does affect compatibility of possible NPCs for the future, since it seems that metamagics are basically being replaced by Arcane Points. From what I've read and discussed with other, the new book should be treated has an entire new system with no relation to the old one outside lore.

After all, Summoning is changed to a level-based system (you have to be X level to summon X thing) and there is no word of the many changes that will be done to Mentalism.

Bare in mind that I think that, if the new book is compatible with something, it will be with the system of Core Exxet, not Basic English Manual.
That's the truly unfortunate thing. I agree it will be based on Core Exxet which will mean it will be leaving English players out in the cold right from the beginning (or the many who aren't will to dive the depths of the internet in search of content).

As for the actual things said on a 2nd edition, I could critique them all day (some choices sound automatically bad or unnecessary) but it's all subject to change as nothing has hit paper yet.
Gaia Volume 2 translation progress report : It's done. Want to cry in a blanket burrito now.
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 25 Abr 2018 21:36

RegnierLoT escribió:
25 Abr 2018 17:50
given Dramatis Personae II, they actually have metamagics officially
As far as I'm aware, Dramatis Personae II was made by Blues and another spanish forum-dweller I do not remember as of this moment. That's still unofficial as far as I'm concerned, even if they did a delightful job with most of it (What I disagree with: Kagami and Lilith).

EDIT: I'm confused? I re-read your post Regnier, and you say unofficial NPCs, but then in parenthesis you say those NPCs have taken metamagics officially? Sorry, a bit tired to wrap my head around that.

Otherwise, I'm pretty excited to see metamagics go away, since there never really was any indication of how they're acquired/learned in-setting. I never felt comfortable using them for NPCs, and after something I let my PC get away with... well, I'm just glad they're going away. Simplified Ki techniques are my jam too, especially as it sounds like the basic effects are becoming cheaper and more efficient to pull off. I have a dislike for huge techniques because they're often unrealistic to pull off for most NPCs and PCs.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 26 Abr 2018 03:26

Dramatis personae 2 is made by fans, that what he means. I think

But yeah in general metamagics going away, I believe is a good move.
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 26 Abr 2018 09:05

I just made a big post about this, but the forum is giving me errors. Anyway, I said "officially" because AS checked the sheets and commented on them in the Spanish Forum. He actually said stuff about Imperium, by the way:

They're based on excesive damage and speed. Kagami lowest attribute is 12 because of his armor, and has Intelligence 15.

Everything else is right here:

http://www.edgeent.com/tema/150909-dram ... a_sorpresa
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 26 Abr 2018 10:24

Comments of AS are interesting.

Not surprised that Morrigan doesn't focus all her time powers on Magic...it seemed like he said that Time was part of her being, so unique powers. Anytime I built for a game...I honestly never bothered too much with time magic.

Sylvia apparently ran away with a lot of artifacts...that's good to know and she is an excellent mage too (looks like it's part of her gifts) and she is a rapier duelist....must admit somehow like many other assumed she was an archer, might be because she is a ranger archetype. But well I suppose since she is such a great mage...magic covers her long range already.

Yeah kinda figure Mikhail had a very nice armor...but it is apparently even more special than most people thought.

Derek is apparently totally off...but well, as expected, we don't really have a lot of stuffs about Imperium, beside second hand guessing. Kagami having 12 lowest attributes just from wearing an Imperium armor...yeah as expected, it is pretty insane there. But well, it kinda align with how I think of Imperium in general...they are very strong(maybe even too much). Funny enough, I recall AS saying back in the days that other powers in Shadow tend to be individually stronger than Imperium agents but they don't match them with the numbers (yeah sleep on that one).

Overall comment: I mean, after checking out perfect world guide sheets, yeah most npcs have unique/special powers...so guess trying to build some of those npcs with the materials out there, is of course never going to be perfect.
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 26 Abr 2018 21:57

I've seen the first and last pages of that thread before, not sure how I skipped the middle part with AS' answers before lol. But I digress, I'd still disagree that the sheets are "official" considering how AS responded a good chunk of them weren't quite right, but they are definitely a step better than no sheets at all.

For Kagami, I'd agree most of his attributes are too low even if I disagree with some of his other statistics (like his Accumulation and AT), but I'd personally not chalk that up to armour and rather to a lack of bonuses from various technomagic processes.

My Spanish isn't great by the way, but isn't contextually the reference to high damage and speed about Dereck and not the Imperium overall? I mean, it'd still be fitting for them since Jürgand wants to obliterate their targets as soon as possible, that part just confuses me.

EDIT: Maybe one day I'll get away without a single spelling error.
LuciaVincent

Mensaje por LuciaVincent » 26 Abr 2018 22:25

So we're looking on something on the order of 5 years for Second Edition, assuming there are no bumps to the KS stuffs? Like, as a Rough guesstimate, effectively.
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 26 Abr 2018 22:32

Oof, I hope not. But I do agree with the pessimism on the Spanish forums a bit, Carlos' team is pretty small and they're the only able to do so much. So...

Gate of Memories Kickstarter (Physical Rewards, some questions still, etc)
Sequel to GoM Kickstarter
Anima 2.0 Edition (Kickstarter?)
An Organizations Book in Spanish
Finding a publisher to get cracking on English books again
Moar Books/Things

With all of that and more in mind that I'm most definitely forgetting, five years is more than realistic. I wouldn't go so far as to say ten years like a couple users on the Spanish forums, but who knows, sigh.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 27 Abr 2018 03:18

Artorian Runaan escribió:
26 Abr 2018 21:57
I've seen the first and last pages of that thread before, not sure how I skipped the middle part with AS' answers before lol. But I digress, I'd still disagree that the sheets are "official" considering how AS responded a good chunk of them weren't quite right, but they are definitely a step better than no sheets at all.

For Kagami, I'd agree most of his attributes are too low even if I disagree with some of his other statistics (like his Accumulation and AT), but I'd personally not chalk that up to armour and rather to a lack of bonuses from various technomagic processes.

My Spanish isn't great by the way, but isn't contextually the reference to high damage and speed about Dereck and not the Imperium overall? I mean, it'd still be fitting for them since Jürgand wants to obliterate their targets as soon as possible, that part just confuses me.

EDIT: Maybe one day I'll get away without a single spelling error.
The thing is, Jurgand are the only ones most people would ever interact with on Gaia. Going to Imperium is basically a suicide mission.

Well remember that Derek is a Godkiller and has Blood of the Dragons+ seals of the dragons. I think AS was mostly saying that his abilities were being underestimated. Little fun side note, Derek is the weakest of the Godkillers. Kisidan is in the top 3 of the Godkillers (Most likely the strongest of the top 3, but not confirmed yet).

Yeah Kagami is 250 years old, he used technomagic to keep a body comparable to someone in their 20s, in particular his eye sight has deteriorated a decent bit (mostly why Kagami wear glasses). Still tho Kagami is considered to be above the average Jurgand Agent (but not in the top list), they say Kagami level is comparable to Godkillers in Gaia Vol. 2. We know from AS that Kagami vs Nerelas is roughly an even match (even if Nerelas could rely on pure power to overcome Kagami) but Kagami never fights fair anyway. We also know that Kagami has many substitutes bodies/marionettes. Often many people assumed that Kagami marionettes relied on the impossible fighting styles but not the case, just replacement bodies.
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 27 Abr 2018 03:33

Don't get me wrong, I agree very much. Taking "high speed and high damage" as a general philosophy means the average Jürgand agent can hunt and destroy their targets very quickly, efficiently, and with minimum effort. That's why I was asking if in context, he was referring more to Dereck because his initiative and damage are both nothing special when in comparison the "real" Dereck would hit harder and be faster. And be more like an actual Jürgand agent to some extent.

I'd say the most glaring oddity on the sheet would be his three classes though. I always felt more than two ended up feeling really jank for characters who aren't spamming versatile to be all around generalists. If Dereck was just a Warrior and Tao, or maybe just a Technician and a Tao, he'd IMO have an easier time getting higher damage and speed values even before techniques are considered.

And for Kagami, I very much agree with your assessment in general. Where I'm a stickler though comes down to personal preference on what certain numbers mean in context of primary and secondaries abilities, to some of which I can't help but to be biased considering the technomagic homebrew I've done previously.

In my game/headcanon by the way, I've made it so Kagami technically lost his "real" body and instead switches between cloned bodies as needed. The "deterioration" in this case is also just a quirk of his original in that he likes to keep it around as a reminder he isn't technically himself anymore :P.

EDIT: I realize there is probably a better thread for this conversation lol.
Última edición por Artorian Runaan el 27 Abr 2018 12:32, editado 1 vez en total.
Responder