Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

News and announcements regarding Anima Beyond Fantasy RPG books.
Superhero

Re: Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

Mensaje por Superhero » 03 Abr 2018 04:56

I don't think that's a problem of rights...just probably Carlos want to tidy up the system. Guessing the retro-compatibility of the previous books will probably still happen but not sure how elegant, it's going to be.
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 03 Abr 2018 08:06

FFG problem is that they have the translation rights, not system rights. Even so, AS said in the interview that there is no English Publisher for books yet, and they are still trying to find one.
LuciaVincent

Mensaje por LuciaVincent » 16 Abr 2018 08:53

Well, Hopefully the Revival of the Forum brings Renewed Communication about stuffs.
Terror El

Mensaje por Terror El » 25 Abr 2018 04:05

Fearless Elbow escribió:
02 Abr 2018 20:56
Ironically I like 5e a lot more than 3, 3.5 or 4e, for exactly the reason that it is so easily playable. But it and Anima are my two main RPGs of choice for entirely different reasons.

While I love 5e’s easy playability, I also love that Anima is so detailed, complex and opaque and lets me explore my (not-very-well-) hidden numbers-nerd. However, I’ll readily admit that this is utterly selfish and if you’re looking to expand your customer base, streamlining playability has to be an objective.

Let’s be honest - there can’t be many players for whom Anima is their first system. Its demographics will be almost exclusively established, hardcore gamers who love the level of detail, elegance of the mechanics, depth of lore and exceptional game balance.
You hit the nail on the head here. When I decide to play a game, I accept it as is for whatever reasons. this and the whole reason we play 2nd edition RuneQuest vs the newer ones are for the detailed and intricate system. The math can be heavy for some, but usually in a RPG group of 4-5 you will have a good math person. My whole table of 6 are math gods, especially the 9 yr old....So we have no problem with it. Plus, there are super easy to use charts that can be copied and passed out. Once, you get the hang of it, the system is not so heavy. And the rolls can really add to the excitement , you know, when you roll awesome to hit and they counter it... lol. I bought giant see through d10s with another d10 inside it, so my son and I have those and basically need 1 die to roll for the game. Which, btw, is one thing I love about Champions! Rolling 105 d6 for my hero was pretty awesome. That variety and detail filled a need for "good, detailed role-playing", whereas say Marvel Superheroes RPG or the new D&D 5e is much simpler (sometimes annoyingly so).

SO yea, I would like to see them maybe just republish the 1st edition in English and finish the unpublished items. Not up for a dummied down version at all. Not sure about the alleged changes to Ki and stuff, rather not seeing it nerfed as the awesomely fantastic DBZ, One Punch Man stuff is what we are liking about it.

Oh< hi btw, New to the forums. Been playing the game for about a year. Friends bought all the books at a con years ago and we just now got around to it. Wish we had started playing years ago so we had more books... Anyhow, we love it! We have introduced it around and have at least 12 players who play and like it, and depending on group dynamics, we plan on showing it to at least 6-10 more players this year, if we are lucky!
Banthor

Mensaje por Banthor » 25 Abr 2018 05:05

Terror El escribió:
25 Abr 2018 04:05
Fearless Elbow escribió:
02 Abr 2018 20:56
Ironically I like 5e a lot more than 3, 3.5 or 4e, for exactly the reason that it is so easily playable. But it and Anima are my two main RPGs of choice for entirely different reasons.

While I love 5e’s easy playability, I also love that Anima is so detailed, complex and opaque and lets me explore my (not-very-well-) hidden numbers-nerd. However, I’ll readily admit that this is utterly selfish and if you’re looking to expand your customer base, streamlining playability has to be an objective.

Let’s be honest - there can’t be many players for whom Anima is their first system. Its demographics will be almost exclusively established, hardcore gamers who love the level of detail, elegance of the mechanics, depth of lore and exceptional game balance.
You hit the nail on the head here. When I decide to play a game, I accept it as is for whatever reasons. this and the whole reason we play 2nd edition RuneQuest vs the newer ones are for the detailed and intricate system. The math can be heavy for some, but usually in a RPG group of 4-5 you will have a good math person. My whole table of 6 are math gods, especially the 9 yr old....So we have no problem with it. Plus, there are super easy to use charts that can be copied and passed out. Once, you get the hang of it, the system is not so heavy. And the rolls can really add to the excitement , you know, when you roll awesome to hit and they counter it... lol. I bought giant see through d10s with another d10 inside it, so my son and I have those and basically need 1 die to roll for the game. Which, btw, is one thing I love about Champions! Rolling 105 d6 for my hero was pretty awesome. That variety and detail filled a need for "good, detailed role-playing", whereas say Marvel Superheroes RPG or the new D&D 5e is much simpler (sometimes annoyingly so).

SO yea, I would like to see them maybe just republish the 1st edition in English and finish the unpublished items. Not up for a dummied down version at all. Not sure about the alleged changes to Ki and stuff, rather not seeing it nerfed as the awesomely fantastic DBZ, One Punch Man stuff is what we are liking about it.

Oh< hi btw, New to the forums. Been playing the game for about a year. Friends bought all the books at a con years ago and we just now got around to it. Wish we had started playing years ago so we had more books... Anyhow, we love it! We have introduced it around and have at least 12 players who play and like it, and depending on group dynamics, we plan on showing it to at least 6-10 more players this year, if we are lucky!
Well, I figured the system break down will just be "divide all the old scores by 10", not going to gloom and doom about it when there's probably not even a rough draft of it yet. However, it does greatly diminish the impact of opens and it just kinda becomes another TTRPG with exploding dice.

After some thought on the Ki Stuff, I still don't care much for modifying the techniques but wouldn't mind Ki abilities getting their MK values adjusted. Maybe only Level 1 Techs will be impacted, and will just become more accessible as the MK hurdle of Ki Control gets lowered (who knows).

Also, major congrats on getting the TWWAU, that book took me forever to find a copy of. I've met people who were completely unaware that it even existed. At this point all I have left is getting hold of a Gaia 2 book (mostly just for the maps and sweet, sweet art).
Gaia Volume 2 translation progress report : It's done. Want to cry in a blanket burrito now.
TheMunkis

Mensaje por TheMunkis » 25 Abr 2018 10:03

While there's a lot of changes that are very likely not final, all of which I have mixed thoughts on, what I'm most interested in is the promise of backwards compatibility. With some luck (and clever design from AS) It might both be possible to use the old books with the new edition, as well as new books with the old edition. I don't mind changes to the system, but everyone will inevitably have a favorite edition. Would be nice if everyone could chose for themselves which edition they would like to run with.

Or better yet, if some of the systems from second edition can just be copied and pasted into 1st. I've had my circle of players complain a lot about Psychic Powers, and since that system will likely reworked from scratch, it may be possible to just play 1st edition with 2nd edition psychics. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

Though most of all I kinda just want Gaïa 2 in english and more fluff books. Guess a new start with a second edition could be useful for finding publishers.
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 25 Abr 2018 12:43

This is from Spanish forums:
http://www.edgeent.com/tema/157834-anim ... da_edicion
Nas We have been told to let us go through here to solve some doubts, but the truth is that we do not want to deal much with Anima Second Edition yet. I mean, things are "in process" and at the moment we do not want to touch anything that can be modified a posteriori.
By the way, I do not think I've ever commented that the lore made such a big jump. In fact, it was rather between two and five years (although possibly closer to two than five).
Right now, our attention is to finish the KS things at once ... and take them off as he plays ^ _ ^.

PD- Mostly, what would be more discarded of the complements is the metamagics of the Arcane and the effects of creation of techniques of Ki of the Dominus. The rest is almost all compatible.
Metamagics and creation of techniques seem to be gone. The rest is almost all compatible
Rahsith

Mensaje por Rahsith » 25 Abr 2018 13:31

Yay! An update. At this point any news is good news lol.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 25 Abr 2018 14:49

Considering all npcs written for the game, never had metamagic in the first place, even the few messengers and red Lady didn't have metamagics...and it was a real problem (auto projection for example)...I'm actually kinda glad they are dropping metamagic entirely.

Ki techniques being redone from scratch...I mean, good thing dominus exxet has other things beside technique creation.
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 25 Abr 2018 17:50

Nerelas and Romeo have metamagics (info from Dramatis Personae 1), and so does many unofficial NPCs (given Dramatis Personae II, they actually have metamagics officially). Taking out metamagics does affect compatibility of possible NPCs for the future, since it seems that metamagics are basically being replaced by Arcane Points. From what I've read and discussed with other, the new book should be treated has an entire new system with no relation to the old one outside lore.

After all, Summoning is changed to a level-based system (you have to be X level to summon X thing) and there is no word of the many changes that will be done to Mentalism.

Bare in mind that I think that, if the new book is compatible with something, it will be with the system of Core Exxet, not Basic English Manual.
Responder