Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

News and announcements regarding Anima Beyond Fantasy RPG books.
Rapier

Re: Can we get an Update on the Publisher thing?

Mensaje por Rapier » 01 Dic 2017 00:41

I'm glad he's still working on Anima.

But honestly I think it's a huge mistake to let the core project (The RPG) whither while working on Gates of Memory which (as far as I could tell from reviews) wasn't received that well (although I did enjoy playing it myself).

I wish he'd just do a kickstarter to at least get the Core rules Exxert and the latest Gaia 2 into English. - They don't require anything except a printing house and a translation team.

You can probably find people willing to translate it for free even - although maybe not anymore. I feel like the old cipher forums were okayishly active - and the old FFG forums had some activity - this place is pretty dead.
lizvne

Mensaje por lizvne » 04 Dic 2017 09:51

Rapier escribió:this place is pretty dead
Because one have to find them first. Existence of these forums is a mystery for many.
Imagen
pulpcitizen

Mensaje por pulpcitizen » 06 Ene 2018 11:51

SlayerRequiem escribió:Whoo. False equivalence, my favorite meal of the day.
No false equivalence, because the fundamental problem I am highlighting is about communication, NOT fundamentally the reasons for delay.

That equivalence re: personal experience in delivering two Kickstarter campaigns is justified in that:
- The same crowd-funding platform in my experience in delivery as well s in this one waiting for receipt of pledge
- Envelope of values were not too dissimilar
- Physical rewards were what was delayed in both

We spoke to our backers pretty much weekly until campaigns were delivered (and NO I do not expect weekly updates from Carlos, I do expect something better than six months of silence) as we were working to the terms and conditions of Kickstarter (however, by your absolutism, never posting an update does not break those rules, which indicates you do not accept there is a spirit to them as loosely defined as they are - to Kickstarter's advantage).

We had tons of feedback when we were late to say that the bast majority of backers were okay with this, because we kept them informed. We never had a complaint that we were posting updates too often.

The campaigns I participate in where there is negative feeling expressed by other backers are typified by a lack of transparent and/or regular communication - it is a consistent theme.

If your claim about false equivalency is about the deluxe release, that does contain physical materials which were new and not developed as part of the KS campaign, therefore requiring time, investment and planning to deliver - all while the GoM Kickstarter which made that release possible is still unfulfilled, especially the physical rewards (comparable to the physical deluxe bundle) several years down the line.
LuciaVincent

Mensaje por LuciaVincent » 16 Ene 2018 10:03

I'm going to level with you all... I just really want more Anima stuff in English, and maybe even just a slight promise from the Developers that it's still happening.

Namely because apparently Anima: Tactics is Discontinued, and I'm worried about my Favorite Tabletop going the same path, and I really.... *REALLY* don't want it to.
Fearless Elbow

Mensaje por Fearless Elbow » 18 Ene 2018 12:31

Well, according to the Members page, Anima Project hasn’t visited the forum since April 2017, so all of our pleading is just falling on deaf ears at the moment.
LuciaVincent

Mensaje por LuciaVincent » 19 Ene 2018 11:13

I messaged Wen-M, and as far as he's aware, The Tabletop RPG is not Cancelled and they're still working on Gate of Memories. So there's that, at least.

Shout out to Wen-M and being awesome about responding to messages, too. ^_^;
pulpcitizen

Mensaje por pulpcitizen » 22 Ene 2018 08:47

LuciaVincent escribió:I messaged Wen-M, and as far as he's aware, The Tabletop RPG is not Cancelled and they're still working on Gate of Memories. So there's that, at least.

Shout out to Wen-M and being awesome about responding to messages, too. ^_^;
That is something, and cool move by Wen-M to reply.

It now seems highly unlikely that the physical rewards promised in the November 2017 update will arrive in January as indicated (they were indicated for December or January)
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 10 Feb 2018 10:56

Maybe we get some news during or after this?

https://www.indiegamewebsite.com/2018/0 ... la-awards/

Seems that Anima Project is going to attend.
Fearless Elbow

Mensaje por Fearless Elbow » 12 Feb 2018 13:22

Actually that expo wouldn’t ease my mind, because that’s my big concern - that AP is primarily only interested in the video game(s) and not the RPG.

And especially not the English language version of the RPG.
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 13 Feb 2018 09:54

As pulpcitizen has been saying, AP needs to deliver a lot concerning Gate of Memories. We are almost mid-February, and there is no indication of a new date for the physical rewards and the Nameless game.

Until AP finishes with the rewards, I don't believe they will tell us anything about the RPG line.

EDIT: I'm gonna edit this, because I don't want to do double post:

https://twitter.com/animaps/status/963731217664434176

According to AS, give it 6-8 months... hopefully.
Responder