Anima Chat Game

A place to find Anima Beyond Fantasy players near you.
Blues

Anima Chat Game

Mensaje por Blues » 18 Ene 2017 02:31

I'm going to be organizing a game of Anima for to be played in our Discord chat. The game will be played by chat because my internet connection is currently not stable enough to use the voice chat. Besides I find it may be more comfortable for those that are not native English speakers.

The game will be starting on March. My preference is that the games would be played on Sundays, between 5:00 PM and 9:00 PM, CET.

Now moving to more fluffy parts of the game...

The Obsidian Emperor:

It is April of the year 2173 of the Calendar of the Sun and Moon, recently re-established in Varja. The rule of the westerners from the Empire ended last year, on the 989 of their own calendar, and the twin Empires of Lannet and Shivat are finally recovering.

During the fight to expel the remnants of the Imperial Army of Abel from Lannet, Yoshikage Hata, patriarch of one of the minor families serving House Takashi, distinguished himself with such honour and bravery that his family, with the approval of Eisaku Takashi, has been granted by the Silver Emperor the status of Noble House, becoming the thirty-third Noble House of Lannet. In the old traditions of Onmyodo, this is a number of ill omen, and many believe the newly created House Hata will not last long, but it is also known that the Emperor and the Shogun have some kind of important mission for the House, as mere deeds in battle are not enought to warrant the creation of a Noble House.

However, Yoshikage's family is hardly enough to be a full House, even a minor one. Thus, he is recruiting samurai from other families to help build his House: Some samurai from House Takashi that fought alongside Yoshikage have been given permission to join, and many of their children have been married to samurai of other Houses who will be joining the Hata, perhaps in an attempt by the other Houses to reduce the Takashi's influence on the newly created Noble House. Some ronin have asked to join the Hata, as it would allow them to come back into the social order of Lannet. But perhaps the most surprising thing is that Yoshikage Hata has allowed some people from Shivat, Phaion and even some westerners into his House. This is hardly surprising amongst the Takashi, as the Hata are descended from the Noble Quin family of Shivat, who asked for asylum amongst their trading partners, the Takashi, when their coup against the Golden Emperor went wrong, almost a thousand years ago. In the end, as long as you know the required etiquette of Lannet and show that you are worthy of Yoshikage's trust, you may be able to find a place for yourself in the new House.

Of course, rumours abound about the nature of the Hata's mission. Although this is only whispered in Court, and it is rumoured ignored by polite members of society, many believe it has something to do with a possible resurgence of the insidious god Yagarema, as the Yogoreta have been quite active since Lannet achieved its independence.

The PCs will be new members of the new Hata House. While I will not disallow characters from other Principalities, I'd rather have them be a minority.

We will be using the following rules:
  • We will be using Core Exxet.
  • All Anima books allowed.
  • I reserve the right to veto characters that I think are not appropiate.
  • I will only be taking 5 players.
  • Level 3 (225 Experience Points, in case you have a Level Modifier), 60 points to distribute in stats, Medium Supernatural Level (For summoners and the like, I am willing to discuss ideas).
  • Be aware that probably your first background idea may need some adjustment to fit in the campaign, but that is usually because I like some amount of dialogue between the players and the GM during character generation.
  • All characters have the Cultural Roots Advantage for free (Remember to double the bonus unless you already have the revised Gaia I edition), as well as equipment equal to that to a samurai of their chosen kind from Lannet's Social Class Table.
  • Although there will be action in this game, it is also going to have a lot of political stuff. Social secondaries are probably a good idea. A minimum base in the Etiquette skill is a must (Ok, it's not 100% necessary... But you may want it).
  • While I am familiar with Japanese suffixes, Japanese culture and samurai culture, knowledge about these topics is not absolutely necessary. If all players are ok with it, we may use the suffixes and all of that stuff, but as long as at least one player is not comfortable with them, I won't be using them (Of course, you can always play a character from outside Lannet).
  • Background Advantages and Disadvantages may play a very important role. Because of this, I will be expanding a bit the advantages for this particular game. For a rough idea, check below.
Contacts/Powerful Ally (1): You are a member of another minor House married into House Hata, or your spouse is a member of another minor House that married into House Hata. Either way, you have contacts or allies within one of the other Houses.
Contacts/Powerful Ally (2): As above, but you or your spouse come from the higher echelons of one of the other minor Houses, or from one of the five Great Houses.
Contacts/Powerful Ally (3): As above, but you or your spouse come from the higher echelons of one of the five Great Houses.
Social Position (1): You are a high ranking member of one of the four families that currently make up House Hata, or you were granted the right to create your own family within the House (This will only be allowed for one PC). This gives you all the equipment from either being a warrior samurai or a courtesan samurai, plus 500 GC and great political influence within the House. For reference, the 4 families that currently make up the House are the Hata (House leaders, includes Yoshikage's direct family and those samurai from House Takashi that swore fealty to him), the Kira (Mostly composed of Ronin and some that families from Phaion and Shivat that had some relationship with the Hata), the Soma (A family composed mostly of the House's onmyoji) and the Watanabe (Composed mainly of some Takashi samurai that joined the House after its foundation and that are already accustomed to dealing with people from outside Lannet, as well as of those few gaijin that have been accepted into the House).
Code of Conduct: Ideally, all the samurai of a Noble House would live by the code of Bushido. In fact, even those few gaijin accepted into the House have been taught the code. However, for better or worse, most samurai are not above going against it sometimes. The Code of Conduct disadvantage should be taken by those characters that try to embody the principles of Bushido, not only knowing the code, but also understanding it and following it to the best of their ability.

It is perfectly possible for PCs to be more humble servants of the House. If this is the case, I'd suggest taking the Pariah disadvantage, doubling the bonused granted by cultural roots in exchange if they can't find any other Background Advantage that would fit. However, due to the nature of Lannet's society, this might greatly affect the character.

Any questions that might be of general interest, feel free to ask here. Anything related to your characters, please send a PM. It's late here, so I might have forgotten something.
Última edición por Blues el 18 Ene 2017 10:36, editado 1 vez en total.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Ten

Re: Anima Chat Game

Mensaje por Ten » 18 Ene 2017 02:37

I'll try to see if I can play. Sucks being PST and busy on the weekends.
Tyr Hawk

Mensaje por Tyr Hawk » 18 Ene 2017 04:14

Well, the time works out for me perfectly, since the game I'm running ends at exactly that time (according to a Google search for time conversions). So, as I've said in Discord already, count me in as Player #2. I'd be another number, but I'm pretty certain that was the order I signed up in.

Hopefully my schedule doesn't change between now and then, but I'll begin not making a character shortly (assuming that there's not an application process and we're going first-come first-serve). Or I won't, just in case.
Devil's Advocate Extraordinaire.
"Just because I can argue for it, doesn't mean I agree with it."
This signature not intended as medical advice.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 18 Ene 2017 05:59

In march, alright should be good by then, I'll take the proper precaution, if something changes by March will let you know.
Tyhuji

Mensaje por Tyhuji » 18 Ene 2017 07:10

This sounds really tempting! Usually I have a game every week end with my mates so I'm not sure it could work out for me that well but I'll look into it.
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 18 Ene 2017 08:54

I knew I was forgetting something... It won't be first come first served, as I am not very fond of that. Instead there will be a small selection proccess. Just send me a basis for your character's background (you don't have to go into much detail. 5-6 lines can be enough if all the points are clear). A rough sketch of your character's build (Class, Advantages and Disadvantages, and a rough idea of what kind of Ars Magnus/Psychic Powers/Ki Techniques/Spells/etc the character will have, if any) would also be of help.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Paintrout

Mensaje por Paintrout » 18 Ene 2017 15:22

Well i m definetly somewhat interested. I can't foresee how busy i will be in March but as long as i m not overly stressed with stuff i might be willing to join in.

Are the games going to be on every week?
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 18 Ene 2017 15:25

Games would be every week most of the times. During my exam periods, it will probably slow down to once every other week.
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 19 Ene 2017 00:59

Ten

Mensaje por Ten » 19 Ene 2017 07:18

Thank you
Responder