[Houserule][Scenario] The Fairy Woods

For anything related to Anima Tactics rules.
Responder
The Golem
Contactar:

[Houserule][Scenario] The Fairy Woods

Mensaje por The Golem » 18 Ene 2017 14:26

This is a home-made scenario I imagined a few months ago : the Fairy Woods.

The Fairy Woods are intended for small quick games. Don't hesitate to give me any feeback.
English is not my first language so I apologize in advance for the grammar mistakes or poor vocabulary choices if there are any. Point them to me and I will correct them.
Thank you.

— — — — —

The characters have just rushed into the Fairy Woods in order to reach a crucial objective before their opponents do. But that forest is a maze... To add with that, there seems to be a curious magnetic anomaly that unsettles the travelers' sense of direction. And as if it weren't enough, a strange fog just appeared.
Thus despite all their precautions, all the characters have lost sight of each others... As if the forest was deliberately trying to get them lost.
But now the fog is lifting just as suddenly as it appeared and everybody can finally see their path and start looking for their companions. Unless they tumble upon their enemies first...

Size of the board: 90cm x 90cm (36"x36")
Type of scenery: mainly forest trees and bushes (ideally 8 tree clusters or more)
Level of the game: 200 or 250 characters levels
Deployment: special (see "lost in the forest")
Possible missions: Clash/Control/Exploration/Nodes

— — — — —

Special Rules:

Vital source: During the preparation of the game, before positionning the scenery, each player rolls a die. The one with the highest score picks a piece of scenery and position it on the table. At the beginning of each game turn (during the Recovery Phase), all units within 5cm (2") from that scenery regain 1 Life Point.

Nature elementals: When playing a game in the Fairy Woods, Hamadryads and Wraths of Nature regain 2 Life Points during every Recovery Phase. Additionnally, the difficulty of their Stability Check is reduced by one.

Lost in the Forest: The deployment is done randomly. Advanced Deployment and Infiltration are not available in this scenario, and neither are the following advantage cards: Tactics, Secret Operation and Logistics.
Before the deployment, the players prepare as many numbered tokens as the total number of their characters. Then they roll dice to determine who's starting the deployment.

Exemple: if together they have a total of 8 characters, the players will prepare 8 tokens numbered from 1 to 8.

The first player puts a token anywhere on the board. Then the players take turns and put the rest of the tokens. There must be at least 20cm between each token.

Then comes the last part of this special deployment: the players puts papers on which they wrote the names of their characters in a hat, pick them on by one and deploy them on the board, at the position of the corresponding token: the first character is deployed where the token n°1 is, then the second character where the token n°2 is, etc. Of course any other method for randomly selecting the characters is perfectly acceptable.
Because of the special predicament they're in, the characters cannot be deployed with maintained abilities (such as Stealth); they weren't prepared for this situation!

— — — — —

Miscellaneous notes:

1) About the game scenery
I advise you put a lot of trees and bushes on the board. The Fairy Woods are supposed to be a thick forest. And it will hinder the lines of sight, the ranged attacks and the charges. Remember that the characters will be deployed randomly. So it is in your interest to position the deployment tokens between clusters of trees so that they can't see each other immediately in the first turn.
You may want to use a special scenery to represent the Vital Source (see above). Some ruins of an ancient mystical sanctuary would fit perfectly.

2) The random deployment
The main feature of this scenario is the random deployment. Any tactics based on a special deployment will be useless. You don't know where your characters will appear in the forest. Obviously, some lists will fare better than others. For example, a Black Sun list based on undead units and their controller may have a harder time than other lists, especially if the undead are deployed far away from their controller (and thus increasing the chances they become uncontrollable!). The unpredictability of the deployment is what makes this scenario interesting.

3) Other types of landscape and scenery
You can also play this game with another type of scenery if you want. For example, you could play this game on an arctic themed board with ice walls creating a glacier in which the characters have lost themselves!
Última edición por The Golem el 26 Ene 2017 14:26, editado 1 vez en total.
« Le Golem qui rêve » — un blog de figurines.
Anima Project

Re: [Houserule][Scenario] The Fairy Woods

Mensaje por Anima Project » 26 Ene 2017 11:20

Quite fun! We will try it ourselves this week. ^^
The Golem
Contactar:

Re: [Houserule][Scenario] The Fairy Woods

Mensaje por The Golem » 26 Ene 2017 22:44

Anima Project escribió:Quite fun! We will try it ourselves this week. ^^
Great! Don't forget to tell me how it went. ;)
« Le Golem qui rêve » — un blog de figurines.
Responder