Ophiucos mgister

A place to create your own rules and elements.
Azrael

Ophiucos mgister

Mensaje por Azrael » 17 May 2017 13:49

What do you think about this?
OPHIUCOS MAGISTER

Requirements: Ophiucos, Dex11+, Attack 300+

Cost: 30 MK: 30

Choose 2 of the following advantages.
  • Absolute Destruction: While using the Absolute Libertation, add +2 to the result of the d10 rolled for the number of attacks made each turn, up to a maximum of 10.
  • Area Destruction: While using the Area Libertation, you don’t suffer the -20 Attack penalty.
  • Easier Liberation: Using Absolute Liberation only needs spending half the normal amount of ki points, rounding up. Using Area Liberation only needs spending 3 ki points.
  • Independent Blades: While using any of the two Liberations, you may act on your own, even attacking and using any Magnus or Technique. Any Magnus or Technique used can never affect any of the Attacks made through the Liberations.
  • Ophiucos Variant: Instead of Swords, you can have a different class of weapons chosen from: Short Arm, Mace, Axe. You must have bought the module for the Class of Weapons your Ophiucos is made of.
    • An Ophiucos of Short Arm weapons has -20Base Damage and -5Breakage, but has an extra +20 Initiative and the Precision special rule.
    • An Ophiucos of Mace weapons has -10Base Damage and Impact as only possible attack type, but +5Breakage and Fortitude.
    • An Ophiucos of Axe weapons has -30 to Initiative and Impact as Secondary Attack Type, but has +20Base Damage and +5Breakage and Fortitude.
  • Soul Charge: While using any of the two Liberations, Ophiucos’ attacks may add either Power or Willpower bonus to the Base Damage inflicted.
Another question: What class of weapons can you use with official Ophiucos?
Only pure swords, all weapons with sword class(even mix classes like falcata), or all sword-like weapons(like montante)?

EDIT: (source pls) https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... magisters/
Última edición por Azrael el 17 May 2017 15:12, editado 1 vez en total.
Sharpandpointies

Re: Ophiucos mgister

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 17 May 2017 14:12

I like the magister stuff - seems to me this one looks familiar?

I'd consider reducing the power on 'Independent blades' to something like 'may make ONE attack with their own weapon', because urgh, it gets a little ridiculous if there isn't some kind of limitation.

As for 'swords', my own feeling is that the weapon has to have the word 'sword' either in the description or in the weapon class. A two-handed sword thus qualifies. Also, that the person needs to actually have the skill to use said weapon. So, yeah, someone who could USE two-handed swords could put them into the mix, but someone without the skill to use said swords could not.

...don't have Dominus Exxet with me right now, so cannot verify if the above contradicts anything.

Mileage may vary.
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Black_Fox9653

Mensaje por Black_Fox9653 » 17 May 2017 14:53

This is a (VERY SLIGHTLY) modified version of Elric's work, that would be why it looks familiar Sharp. Although the only modifications made here are removing half of the original requirements.
"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Azrael

Mensaje por Azrael » 17 May 2017 15:11

Yes, it's a modified version of Elric's(i think CON isnt related to this ars magnus, maybe POW11+ OR WILL 11+ would be fine)
(from https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... magisters/)

I would like to know what you think about it, because original thread hadn't many responses.
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 18 May 2017 13:22

Other than the issues on which I've commented, looks fine. I mean, it's not something someone is getting until they're ridiculously high level anyway (barring them heavily unbalancing toward Attack, which...is not fantastically wise in my opinion).
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Responder