Superhero Conversions

A place to create your own rules and elements.
Ten

Re: Superhero Conversions

Mensaje por Ten » 20 Ene 2017 10:38

Anima's level difference is always astonishing to me.
Paintrout

Mensaje por Paintrout » 20 Ene 2017 11:30

Superhero escribió: Level 12-14: quasi divine entities. Sephiroth (FFVII), Antediluvian in VTM, Cthulhu, most of the Messengers.
Level 15+: People who control the world essentially and cosmic entities. Nerelas, Kisidan, Lucanor, , Nyarlathotep, Ergo Mundus, Baal etc...
If you are referring to the Cthulhu mythos Nyarlathotep, I dont think he is more powerful than Cthulhu since he is mere messenger for the outer gods (dont take that as me saying that he is not powerful though!) that mostly acts their will and manipulates people. But ofcourse its hard to say for sure.

EDIT:
Actually if the rpg book is to be trusted then Cthulhu is the clearly stronger one :)
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 20 Ene 2017 12:26

The RPG, while extremely enjoyable, is full of August Derleth's vision of the Mythos, which is... Well, let's just say that while he is the reason they are so widespread today, many people feel like August ruined the Cthulhu Mythos.

If we go to what is usually considered a more early form of the Mythos Canon (Which includes not only the works of Lovecraft, but also of many other authors, as Lovecraft himself was quite ambiguous.) Outer Gods are, by definition, more powerful than Old Ones, as the Outer Gods are true Gods, while the Old Ones are "merely" really powerful aliens.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 20 Ene 2017 12:49

Actually, in the RPG Nyarlathotep is still more powerful than Cthulhu.

Cthulhu has STR 140 CON 110 SIZ 210 INT 42 POW 42 DEX 21
Nyarlathotep's Black Bull MASK/AVATAR has STR 250 CON 150 SIZ 350 INT 86 POW 100 DEX 15

Most of Nyarlathotep's Avatars have INT 86 / POW 100, ie. the same POW has Azathoth. Heck, in Thoth form he has INT 90.
In D20 this is still the same.
Cthulhu is a Demigod CR 34.
Nyarlathotep is an Intermediate Deity CR 45 (the same has Yog-Sothoth, which is Tawil, Space and Time).

In Pathfinder, Cthulhu is CR 30 while Nyarlathotep doesn't have stats because he is a God.
In all systems, Cthulhu knows hundreds of spells, while Nyarlathoteps knows ALL of them. Nyarlathotep has a thousand forms/masks/avatars, while Cthulhu seems to only have a few.

And lastly, while most concentrate on the fact that he lost to Randolph Carter in Dream-Quest, it's mentioned that he is the guardian/caretaker/lord over the gods of Earth/Humanity, and can spirit them away from Kadath at will or take them to the city.

Even if he is "just" a Messenger, he is still terrying just because he enacts the will of the Outer Gods and so he can call their wrath (which could be what happened on the original story; he just summoned Azathoth to destroy Earth into dust).
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 20 Ene 2017 12:59

D20 Chtulhu is an aberration that we should really not be talking about. Seriously. It's just... No.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 20 Ene 2017 17:42

Yeah Cthulhu is the more popular one by far but yeah Nyarlathotep is another beast entirely.

Quick and Easy npc:

Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden is essentially a Legendary Shinobi (core book common character example) with the following modifications:

-change ninja module to all weapon modules (Like Ashura Oni ability in TWWAU)
-Shotokan (Supreme Degree Martial Arts)
-New Advantages:
1) Blood of the Dragon legacy : Easy way to represent the blood of the 12 dragon gods.
2) Increased Ki Accumulation
3) Danger Sense
Disadvantage:
-Damned (if you like the grip of murder curse from Ninja Gaiden 3)

-STR 13 (He is able to wield and use any weapons with ease. Also monstrously strong.) and AGI 13.
-Ki abilities: Improvised Ki Technique (he is able to create his own techniques when necessary), Ki Healing, Physical Dominion and Multiplication of Bodies and Inhuman of course.
-The Ki Seals (All of them)

-A ridiculous amount of artifacts.
Tyhuji

Mensaje por Tyhuji » 20 Ene 2017 19:17

Have you guys ever played breath of fire 4? If so any Idea how to build Fou Lu? He was an emperor able to summon dragons and transform into a dragon form (different transformations for different dragons he signed a pact with). He was kinda floating around, had an energy sword he could create, was able to teleport short distances and was incredibly strong. All around I see summoning, incarnation and ki abilities but maybe you guys know Fou Lu :p
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 20 Ene 2017 20:51

Fou Lu is a boss character and essentially full of unique abilities and powers...but well if I wanted to make him, personally I would simply go like this...but well how I would go about him, should be noted that trying to make him at low level would be an exercise in futility...but well if I were to make him, as simple as possible:

-Warlock Level 11, maybe 12.
-Advantages: The Gift, Total Accumulation for ki and vulnerability to Heat as a disadvantage.
-Energy sword can just be represented with ki ability elemental attack or you could make a ki weapon. I'm pretty sure his energy sword was simply named royal sword...so it's technically just an artifact.
-Water Magic Level 60 (his spells don't seem to be too high) and probably one death spell or something from the death subpath or Necromancy path.
-His supernova and the likes, just use the ki tree Cosmos third level technique Supernova.
-Blood of the Great Beasts, so he can have access to the Eilodon transformation ars magnus...which should cover his dragon form easily.
-Dragon Pacts/Summoning, Just use the link to summoning ability just like in dragon pact Gaia vol.1, no need to make any summoning out of it. Plus dragons are natural creatures most of the time in Gaia. Should be noted the summoned dragons are mostly Minor and Majors, no ancient ones.
Tyhuji

Mensaje por Tyhuji » 21 Ene 2017 02:29

Ooooh Didnt think about eliodon to simulate the dragon transformation. Sounds pretty cool tho! And I thought that if I was to give him incarnations the summons werent too far fetched but you are right, the pact from gaia really fits well.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 21 Ene 2017 07:13

Well glad I could help.

Some fun ideas for Zen(440) difficulties on some secondary abilities, should be noted as usual , you need to be able to achieve Zen difficulty :

-Swim: Swim up a waterfall.

-Track: Deduct a trail no matter how old it is, no matter who made it, and determine the final destination after mere minutes of looking at it.

-Art (Painting): Paint such a masterpiece that it enthralls its viewers forever or even in some cases can inspire terror or other feelings to the onlookers.

-Stealth: Fall asleep in the middle of an open field, and remain unnoticed by guards looking for you.

-Persuasion: Convince someone to act in a suicidal fashion for no reason at all.

-Occult: Conduct rituals by yourself and ignoring most requirements for rituals.

-Intimidate: Please inquire about the squirrel example with Blues...it's a fascinating story.
Responder