Random Questions Thread

For anything related to RPG rules from the Anima Beyond Fantasy books.
TriggCove9313

Re: Random Questions Thread

Mensaje por TriggCove9313 » 20 Ene 2017 16:29

I have a question about jumping. In the book I know it says that a character can jump one fith their movement value sideways if they get a running start but how high can they jump?
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 20 Ene 2017 17:02

Apparently from all discussions we had over the years, it is the same distance. Yes it means people jump very high.
The Golem
Contactar:

Mensaje por The Golem » 20 Ene 2017 17:50

As a GM, I ruled that vertical jumps reach 1/10th of the Movement value.
So if someone runs 25 meters per round, he can jump 2.5 meters high. Of course, this can be modified by the athleticism secondary ability.
« Le Golem qui rêve » — un blog de figurines.
TriggCove9313

Mensaje por TriggCove9313 » 20 Ene 2017 18:05

Ok, I can deal with players jumping high. It's Anima after all.
Light

Mensaje por Light » 20 Ene 2017 21:04

You jump same as vertical/high.
TriggCove9313

Mensaje por TriggCove9313 » 22 Ene 2017 02:43

I'm about to be running an Anima game soon and will probably be asking a lot of questions on here since a lot of the R.A.W. in the English books are open to interpretation. Thank y'all for your answers ahead of time. The cypher forum was a huge help for my first game I ran and this forum is helping tremendously as well.

So can you buy sub path spells with magic levels or do you have to use free access slots?

If you can buy them, can you buy the last two spells without having gnosis 25 and 45 respectfully like you can with free access spells?
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 22 Ene 2017 03:04

Yeah you can buy them individually. Yes you can buy the last two spells...if you don't have them as part of a subpath.

If you did for example:

Illusion (Music) subpath instead of free access spells...you wont be able to buy the music spells 80+.

If instead you buy music on his own, well each spells individuals, just like the free access you can buy the 80+ spells.

Except...the last Time subpath spell is very specific about restricting Gnosis and I think it's the only exception.
Tyr Hawk

Mensaje por Tyr Hawk » 22 Ene 2017 03:29

Superhero escribió:Except...the last Time subpath spell is very specific about restricting Gnosis and I think it's the only exception.
This mention specifically is what originally sold me on this interpretation, since the text says "Unlike other free access and sub-path spells..." (or something very close to that).
Devil's Advocate Extraordinaire.
"Just because I can argue for it, doesn't mean I agree with it."
This signature not intended as medical advice.
Ten

Mensaje por Ten » 23 Ene 2017 11:32

Is there a guide for creating your own invocations, or some sort of converter? I feel like this is something you could easily make overpowered if you aren't precise. Like, what should exactly be the different requirements between minor and intermediate? Great Powers seems simple enough.
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 23 Ene 2017 11:39

When you take a spell from a Subpath or Free Access, it is treated as a spell of the Path to which is it is assigned. Due to this, Subpath spells of level 84 and 94 are treated as High Magic and Divine Magic when taken as part of a Path, and the same goes for 80-90 and 90-100 Free Access spells.

It is only when they are taken as chosen spells that this doesn't apply, the exception being the Time Subpath Spells, which are always treated as High Magic and Divine Magic, respectively.

Also, Carlos already has said a couple of times that there will be no guide to making invocations. The effects are just too varied to be consistent.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Responder