Random Questions Thread

For anything related to RPG rules from the Anima Beyond Fantasy books.
Superhero

Re: Random Questions Thread

Mensaje por Superhero » 01 Sep 2017 17:16

Flight value is like movement value...it's the same speed except you fly of course.

Pros and cons, you have to look at the combat chapter, there are various penalties for fighting while flying.
I believe dominus exxet or gm toolkit compiled the table list of bonuses and penalties in combat.
Fearless Elbow

Mensaje por Fearless Elbow » 04 Sep 2017 18:35

It's in the Core Book, p.83.

But unless I'm misreading due to the poor quality of my PDF copy, there's penalties for Levitating (-20 Atk/Blk, -40 Dodge, -60 Physical Action), but it's all pluses for Flight (well, from Movement Value 10 upwards).

Flight 10-14 = +10 Atk/Blk/Dodge/Init
Flight 15+ = +15 Atk, +10 Blk, +20 Dodge, +10 Init

You could arguably add in the Higher Ground situational advantage (+20 Atk) and even the Charging bonuses and penalties (+10 Atk, -10 Blk, -20 Dodge).

Adding that all together, a Charging attack from Higher Ground at Flight Speed 15 would give a massive +45 to your Attack.
Paintrout

Mensaje por Paintrout » 04 Sep 2017 19:19

Just as a side note, the flight values which give you the bonuses changed a bit in the core exxet, so it's good to check those if you have it at hand.
Ten

Mensaje por Ten » 06 Sep 2017 11:56

How would a DR familiar/zombie/whatever work in combat if they were trying to protect their master? Like for example, how would pushing them out of combat work? DR beings have a def of 0 if I recall correctly, so would they roll 0 for the push maneuver, or does it happen automatically?
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 06 Sep 2017 12:57

I don't think it would work at all. For starters, they'd utterly fail the push thing due to the rules.

Secondly, setting aside the rules and looking at logic, it doesn't make sense. DR Creatures are creatures so large or slow (or both) that they can't really avoid attacks, and need to basically eat damage like a sponge. I'm really having issues picturing, for example, something like a zombie (sloooow) shoving people out of the way of an attack. :D

Mileage may vary, but it's something - were I the GM - would say wouldn't work.
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 06 Sep 2017 13:18

I would say the only way they could protect their master would be if they were quite big and already in the way, and thus should be judged in a case by case basis, perhaps applying a penalty to the attack because the DR creature provides cover, or in some cases actually preventing the attack from being possible.

As an example, imagine Guy-With-A-Dragon, a Freelancer bonded with a dragon, being attacked by his archnemesis, Guy-With-A-Rock, a Warrior that uses rocks. If the dragon was between them, a melee attack (barring supernatural stuff like Summun) would be impossible, since Guy-With-A-Dragon would be quite far away asdragons are quite big. On the other hand, while a ranged attack throwing a rock would be possible, since dragons are, once again, quite big, it would be difficult. Thus, while Guy-With-A-Rock might be able to throw a rock at Guy-With-A-Dragon, he may have to apply a penalty due to cover, and if the dragon is really big, maybe even a Blinded penalty because even though he knows Guy-With-A-Dragon is there (Duh! There's a dragon), he may not be able to see him.

But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I will always love you plays in the background... That I would not allow.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Fearless Elbow

Mensaje por Fearless Elbow » 06 Sep 2017 14:55

Paintrout escribió:Just as a side note, the flight values which give you the bonuses changed a bit in the core exxet, so it's good to check those if you have it at hand.
Ah, that would be me being English and not being sufficiently fluent in French (and effluent in Spanish) and therefore not having CE. :(

*wistfully sighs at the thought of having an English language publisher at all and especially one that would publish CE*
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 06 Sep 2017 16:12

Blues escribió:But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I will always love you plays in the background... That I would not allow.
Sigged.

Also, showing your age. :D
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 06 Sep 2017 18:43

Sharpandpointies escribió:Also, showing your age. :D
Actually, I wasn't even born by the time The Bodyguard was released, but I do like good films, regardless of the genre. Which is why I know said song does not play during the shooting scene, it was all a test!
Paintrout escribió:Just as a side note, the flight values which give you the bonuses changed a bit in the core exxet, so it's good to check those if you have it at hand.
The only change in that regard is that before it was from Flight 10 to 14, and then 15+. Now it is 7 to 14 and 15+ (but the bonuses remain the same).

Some of us are waiting for the English version even if we have the Spanish. Because damn it, I want to see Anima grow.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Banthor

Mensaje por Banthor » 06 Sep 2017 20:18

Fearless Elbow escribió:
Ah, that would be me being English and not being sufficiently fluent in French (and effluent in Spanish) and therefore not having CE. :(

*wistfully sighs at the thought of having an English language publisher at all and especially one that would publish CE*

Fortunately, most of the major points of Core Exxet have been distributed in English by the angelic people who know how much us English-only fans of the game are suffering. I can't help but grin self deprecatingly as I'll have an alternative campaign setting book long, LONG before I ever see anything on the New Continent. Guess I know where my play group is heading.
Gaia Volume 2 translation progress report : It's done. Want to cry in a blanket burrito now.
Responder