Random Questions Thread

For anything related to RPG rules from the Anima Beyond Fantasy books.
Superhero

Re: Random Questions Thread

Mensaje por Superhero » 05 Sep 2018 15:39

They work.

Nothing really too special to talk about it.

A Base damage of 150, you won't add your strength or other weapon bonuses to it, as it effectively replaced your Base Damage.

Then using that Base damage instead of your weapon, you can use stuffs like damage multiplier.

So for example a technique with predetermined base damage (150) and damage multiplierx3 would do 450 damage before adding anything else to Base Damage.

Pulling off the technique is another story, as it tends to cost a lot of Ki, so the question, mostly is...is it worth accumulating that much ki? this part is up to you.
lizvne

Mensaje por lizvne » 05 Sep 2018 23:24

Kushala escribió:
05 Sep 2018 05:47
And I'm back again with another short question, this time in regards to Ki techniques. I'm wondering how the ki effect of predetermined damage interacts with the other damage increase effects, specifically the multiplier one but the additional also applies here as well.
It overrides them as they are all affecting Base Damage and Predetrmined Damage is not like "Predetermined but changed later by effects I like".
Take note that according to p. 67 Core rulebook Base damage is a damage weapon causes by default + quality modifier. So it seems Strength is added after that (but not Aura Extension/Damage Increase Dominion abilities).
Imagen
Kushala

Mensaje por Kushala » 24 Sep 2018 04:08

Well that kinda still leaves me at where I was unfortunately. At any rate though got another question for you, this brought up by my friend who's looking to GM. With the advantage Psychic Ambivalence he wants clarification on what counts as using multiple powers.

For example, can you use Immolate multiple times in the one action and have that count as multiple powers or does it need to be another power entirely? He also wants to clarify if you can actually use the same power multiple times in the one turn?

This mostly came up from a player of his using an Electric Arc spam build with courage and extrovert mental patterns, he's since decided not to do the build since after playing he really didn't want to roll all those dice all the time, but just wants some clarification on it since Psychic Ambivalence just seems to be way too strong for only costing 1CP otherwise.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 24 Sep 2018 10:24

Yes you can use the same psychic power multiple times in one turn, as you split your potential but Psychic Ambivalence, bonuses only apply to different psychic powers.

If you are only using one power...psychic ambivalence basically doesn't work.

If you need the original answer for it, you'll need to go check the Spanish forum on edge entertainment.
bvgyhn0

Mensaje por bvgyhn0 » 29 Sep 2018 23:13

as with all anima books words are hard

When the character divides up his psychic potential in order to use more than one power per turn,
he gains a cumulative bonus of +5 for each power that is declared.

the word they forgot to add was different so it should read

When the character divides up his psychic potential in order to use more than one power per turn,
he gains a cumulative bonus of +5 for each *different* power that is declared.
Festus

Mensaje por Festus » 02 Oct 2018 11:25

Hi guys. So, I've known Anima for quite a bit, and finally, just recently came across a group of people starting a new campaign. The guys running the game seem fun, though some of them happen not to agree with a good deal of the rules. They show dislike to mentalists, particularly to telepathy, which is one of my preferred classes. Is telepathy so broken it really cannot be played?
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 02 Oct 2018 13:17

Telepathy isn't broken at least not by the default setting standard (Gaia), if you aren't playing in Gaia, ask your GM what kind of game, he is running and adapt accordingly.

Psychic disciplines in general are made to be strong early game/levels, which is why most people have a twisted view of mentalists, thinking that they are broken. In reality, the game is made like this by design, Mentalist dominates early game, Martial characters always stay in the middle of the power curve, Magician types become stronger, the higher level they get.

Of course those assumptions could be incorrect depending on the kind of games that you are running. If you use Telepathy exclusively and most of your enemies are undead/living dead...from early game to the end, you probably going to have a bad time due to their immunity.
Festus

Mensaje por Festus » 02 Oct 2018 18:19

Pretty sure setting will be standard Gaia, with early level characters. The main issues about telepathy seen to be psychic death and psychic assault powers. Other characters being wizards and technicians, I find it hard to believe an only-telepathy oriented character would be that much powerful. Yet, I feel unable to justify why.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 03 Oct 2018 02:10

Just look around the forums, people often did ask questions about Psychic or even invite him to ask questions here and talk about his concerns, will be easier to give some advice.
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 03 Oct 2018 02:24

It's worth noting that a Telepathy only Mentalist does not have a defensive shield to use. He would have to buy Dodge in order to defend himself, which would take up a %25 chunk of his DP if he wanted to remain even remotely close to his Projection. This is a glaring weakness that plenty of sneakier characters could take advantage of. Or even just those that use AoE attacks to hit everyone at once.

If he dips into a second path to grab a shield, that glaring weakness is fixed up, but it costs more CP. And buying CP for Mentalists/Wizards can be very tight if you aren't spamming disadvantages.
Responder