Nameless chronicles secret ending *Spoiler*

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Banthor

Re: Nameless chronicles secret ending *Spoiler*

Mensaje por Banthor » 28 Jun 2018 22:34

Superhero escribió:
28 Jun 2018 13:33
As a reminder Etheldrea is one of the many people who sealed Baal during the third shadow wars (Baal the Gate of Hell), before the fourth shadow wars: Ergo Mundus.

She probably planned it for a very long time.

2 years is technically nothing for people who are basically immortal. I mean even the Unknown mentioned that it had been planning the events for many years. Etheldrea never seemed to be the kind to rush things.

Still tho, there are a lot of things I wonder about this. But then again, I suppose that it is hard to know what she would want. Etheldrea can open portals to other planes of existence at will (one of her unique powers), and when the book said she had many supernatural friends that would come to her aid at any time...with Unknown obviously part of her list of friends now obviously using Ergo as a puppet under her control or probably letting unknown control it...Etheldrea is very scary to say the least.

Yeah she never seemed like an antagonist to me, but then again...who knows what's her main goal is. I mean even in Gaia vol II quests, she is listed as one of the possible contacts for players to protect Spheria against Guideon squad assault on the city. But then again, she might just do it because of her promise to protect Spheria.
As per D&D, immortals tend to have an extraordinary amount of hobbies. With what Unknown said, she probably would have stepped in if necessary but with Ergo Mundus and Nameless there took the opportunity to get a magical power source. Now, what the intent for the seed of Baal was is another matter.

I personally figured it was maybe to tap the Dragon Lines? I mean wasn't Baal's initial gameplan to use its abilities to infect the Dragon Lines and absorb all the power?

I do like the idea that Unknown is related in some way to Millenium, but eh hard to say (always figured she was an elan 100 with Uriel).

As for using Ergo Mundus, I mean at the very least he's proven to be one of Gaia's most effective supernatural battering rams. Maybe to break into Tol Rauko because they wouldn't be prepared for him this time? Beyond that no ideas, I mean I kinda figured Etheldrea had already outlived all her old enemies with the Church being more of an annoyance. Although looking at her links to Megas Therion, Order of Yehudah, and Espheria, she seems to have a habit of "trying to make it work" between mundane folks and the supernatural so maybe there's something there.
Gaia Volume 2 translation progress report : It's done. Want to cry in a blanket burrito now.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 29 Jun 2018 04:28

Baal initial plan was essentially to infest the world, turn into hell on earth quite literally. Fusing with the dragon line/ley lines would indeed help with that.

Elan 100 with Uriel is a common speculation with the fanbase but technically we don't have a lot of information about Millenium beside her being impossible to kill and ridiculously stealthy (Almost sneaked on Eljared). Some people even joked that Millenium was the Imperium leader girlfriend, so she has GM privilege on Gaia. Surviving the Nameless Hand of death ability for Unknown tho, does correlate with the impossible to kill Millenium part tho.

Just stuff to keep in mind for the longest time, most people believed Rametek was an ebudan from the description and everybody was surprised to find out that he was a Sylvain, just saying that the fanbase at the end is enthusiastically guessing.

Ergo Mundus is pretty ridiculous to be quite honest. His personality and ego, are the only limiting factors of his abilities but Ergo has an infinite potential to grow, being able to absorb all powers of creatures and artifacts, make him an ace in anybody arsenal if they control him. On top of it, he innately knows all spells path at 70 levels. Just those two powers alone combined with his ridiculously high level make him one of the most powerful being on Gaia.

Or maybe this ending is just a tool for the GM, so you can make your own little stories, with a less brooding Nameless running around with the Bearer.
Dyel

Mensaje por Dyel » 29 Jun 2018 04:56

Superhero escribió:
29 Jun 2018 04:28
Baal initial plan was essentially to infest the world, turn into hell on earth quite literally. Fusing with the dragon line/ley lines would indeed help with that.

Elan 100 with Uriel is a common speculation with the fanbase but technically we don't have a lot of information about Millenium beside her being impossible to kill and ridiculously stealthy (Almost sneaked on Eljared). Some people even joked that Millenium was the Imperium leader girlfriend, so she has GM privilege on Gaia. Surviving the Nameless Hand of death ability for Unknown tho, does correlate with the impossible to kill Millenium part tho.

Just stuff to keep in mind for the longest time, most people believed Rametek was an ebudan from the description and everybody was surprised to find out that he was a Sylvain, just saying that the fanbase at the end is enthusiastically guessing.

Ergo Mundus is pretty ridiculous to be quite honest. His personality and ego, are the only limiting factors of his abilities but Ergo has an infinite potential to grow, being able to absorb all powers of creatures and artifacts, make him an ace in anybody arsenal if they control him. On top of it, he innately knows all spells path at 70 levels. Just those two powers alone combined with his ridiculously high level make him one of the most powerful being on Gaia.

Or maybe this ending is just a tool for the GM, so you can make your own little stories, with a less brooding Nameless running around with the Bearer.
John and Anne gonna hook up now?
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 29 Jun 2018 09:36

Dyel escribió:
29 Jun 2018 04:56
Superhero escribió:

John and Anne gonna hook up now?
It's a possibility. I mean, this duo/couple is definitely unique on Gaia and right now, they are simply left to their own device aka do whatever they want. With Baal sealed forever as far as they know...the future is bright. Romeo also got the message/threat to leave them alone, so they probably don't have to worry too much about the Inquisition pursuing them, at least, not actively.
lizvne

Mensaje por lizvne » 29 Jun 2018 14:14

Superhero escribió:
Surviving the Nameless Hand of death ability for Unknown tho, does correlate with the impossible to kill Millenium part tho.
It should be noted that while Hand of Death can kill everything, it is a possibility outcome, and it does not happen automatically, thus Nameless lost to Ergo and was not able to destroy The Unknown completely.

Also Unknown said that Nameless "almost" killed it, thus it doesn't sound that Unknown is absolutely immortal.

Speaking ruleswise, I'd said that Nameless could kill Unknown by the rules, but Unknown escaped with some lp left, thus Nameless's ability to inflict final death haven't activated.
Imagen
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 29 Jun 2018 14:21

lizvne escribió:
29 Jun 2018 14:14
Superhero escribió:
Surviving the Nameless Hand of death ability for Unknown tho, does correlate with the impossible to kill Millenium part tho.
It should be noted that while Hand of Death can kill everything, it is a possibility outcome, and it does not happen automatically, thus Nameless lost to Ergo and was not able to destroy The Unknown completely.

Also Unknown said that Nameless "almost" killed it, thus it doesn't sound that Unknown is absolutely immortal.

Speaking ruleswise, I'd said that Nameless could kill Unknown by the rules, but Unknown escaped with some lp left, thus Nameless's ability to inflict final death haven't activated.
Good point, looking at it rulewise, could be a reason Unknown survived.
Responder