Black Metal Pieces

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Responder
Sharpandpointies

Black Metal Pieces

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 02 May 2018 16:31

Looks like the board is pretty active, still. I've been away a while....

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew the locations of the pieces of black metal. I mean, some of them are pretty easy to remember (Lucanor's Sigma buddy has one for a power source), but others are kind of buried in little notes in places (and not all of them).

Any official information would be appreciated. :D
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Superhero

Re: Black Metal Pieces

Mensaje por Superhero » 02 May 2018 16:49

Hey man welcome back! Nothing beside what you already read about in the books as far as I can tell. They are mostly left as a mcguffin campaign. We probably won't get anymore information until the Technomagic book but well the recent announcement of Second Edition, guessing this is pushed way back unless the second edition comes with a surprise and technomagic information.
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 02 May 2018 18:47

Hmm...okay. I guess I'll scour the books for information on where to find them.

...I'm less-than pleased about second edition. :( I rather like the system of first edition.

And thank you!
"But something like Guy-With-A-Zombie being saved by Bob the Zombie getting in the way while I Will Always Love You plays in the background... That I would not allow."
- Blues
Banthor

Mensaje por Banthor » 02 May 2018 23:39

Sharpandpointies escribió:
02 May 2018 18:47
Hmm...okay. I guess I'll scour the books for information on where to find them.

...I'm less-than pleased about second edition. :( I rather like the system of first edition.

And thank you!
I always figured a few of them were used as power sources for other Lost Logias (especially if Eljared ever gets mentioned there is probably a piece there). Plus I recall Schwarzwald reviving some sultan as a demon replacing his insides with artifacts and thought it implied a Black Metal pieces was used (its been awhile since I've read it).

Edit: Maybe Black Sun's Project Angel? Those guys' plans always seem to revolve around "can we use this thing and combine it with what we have from our Book of the Dead".
Última edición por Banthor el 02 May 2018 23:47, editado 1 vez en total.
Gaia Volume 2 translation progress report : It's done. Want to cry in a blanket burrito now.
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 02 May 2018 23:41

From Gaia II, there is one piece talked about in the Bekent section. Otherwise... my memory is trash, so I can't recall any other pieces being used than the one stashed in Zero.

Remulo (Bekent): Eljared installed a piece into a Solomon AI named Elimaon to reactivate him, which in the process greatly increased his knowledge and intelligence. He now uses his array of combat golems to kidnap the traveling nomads of Bekent for use in his (super duper evil) experiments.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 03 May 2018 01:08

We know that Eljared had all the black metal pieces at one point...then she went around the world to give them away or hide them in places that would be hard to reach or obtain. It's pretty much adventure fodder.

15 were given away to individuals and 15 are essentially hidden to be "discovered" by accident apparently, so probably hard to find.

It doesn't help that the black metal pieces don't have the same form that they used to have many years ago.

Lucanor has technically 2 pieces of Black Metal, Zero Sigma has to work with Lucanor for maintenance and the other piece of metal used to advance his research on the Process.

Professor LKS doesn't have a piece but was able to complete the process with the Black Metal Piece help back in the day. All the powers of LKS come from him being a 100% processed being. Lucanor is looking for him so he can perfect the Process formula.

Taumiel father of Nerelas and Sylvia was given one of the Black Metal Piece...the whereabouts of the black Metal piece are unknown at the moment. We assume that Imperium didn't retrieve the black metal piece..so it is probably still somewhere in Sylvania. But well, Sylvania is technically too dangerous to explore until very high levels. Nerelas and Sylvia have a hour missing and how they ended up surviving the assault on Sylvania...so anything you can imagine, could have happened during this hour.

Yeah Elmiaon AI is the only reference to Black Pieces in Gaia vol. 2.
Sharpandpointies

Mensaje por Sharpandpointies » 03 May 2018 16:41

Cool. Thanks, guys. All useful information (and yeah, I remember the one in Bekent now!).
- Blues
Responder