Gaia Bundle of questions

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Superhero

Gaia Bundle of questions

Mensaje por Superhero » 31 Dic 2016 16:19

-Out of curiosity, I imagine some, if not all 20 Masters of Maisen can teach advanced Martial Arts (Velez, Godhand, etc...) and Alaxa is probably the only master left of Selene (well only one with the arcane degree imo), where else on Gaia (new or old continent), can we find such masters?

-Are there any important Wizard Mentalist characters out there in Gaia lore? I vaguely recall some people thinking that Eljared might have been a Wizard Mentalist.

-In Gaia vol. 1, it is mentioned that some lesser gods hide in Graven or use it as a meeting point, so does Malekith participates in any of these meetings or have some requirements for them(invitation? etc...)?
Blues

Re: Gaia Bundle of questions

Mensaje por Blues » 31 Dic 2016 19:18

• 1: Possibly some of the most powerful Kami, as well as certain legendary creatures (such as Shivattense dragons) know one or two Advanced Martial Arts, although possibly only in their Base Degree. I can imagine that Arcane Degree Martial Arts are something one has to learn by their own means most of the time.
  • 2: Not that I am aware of. I do know that there were some people thinking that Eljared was one, but it was more of a wild guess as far as I know. To be honest, only Wissenschaft (and maybe Imperium) give Mentalists any love, let alone Wizard Mentalist (Mechanics wise, they lack tools of their own to perform well, which severely limits the amount of "competitive" builds one can do with them. Add to that how scarce pshycic powers are and how much Carlos loves Warlocks...).
  • 3: Maybe if they are meetings of the Five, Malekith would participate. However, knowing that by Carlos' definition, a god is any entity that receives worship, these gods may be creatures of such little power that Malekith just considers them beneath his notice. Of course, with what we know of Malekith's power within Graven, he can probably participate without it taking any of his concentration. Send one of his Shadow Copies and that's it.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 31 Dic 2016 20:02

Yeah Kami and martial arts seem to be a thing. Shivattense dragons would be pretty cool. I suppose we can include the Daimah on the list (well at least according to some their old cultures description, they created most of the martial arts.)

Thanks for some more inspiration.
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 31 Dic 2016 20:15

Now that I think of it, maybe Umbra (A dark elemental god briefly described in Guilty Gods) could be one of the gods residing in Graven. This, however, would depend on how powerful he actually is: If he is as powerful as The Mother, then he probably has his own little place in the Wake. If he is less powerful but simply more active than The Mother (or if she is merely an avatar) then I can see him living in Graven.
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 31 Dic 2016 20:28

Guilty Gods, I only know some of the basics about it, supposedly Lilium (Gaia/The Mother) and Umbra were very powerful a long time ago and are apparently for the sake of the card game, in a battle of Life/nature vs Darkness to regain more divine powers.

But this could be an interesting character to meet in Graven. At least in my version, I endorse this idea.
Light

Mensaje por Light » 31 Dic 2016 20:32

Superhero escribió:-Out of curiosity, I imagine some, if not all 20 Masters of Maisen can teach advanced Martial Arts (Velez, Godhand, etc...) and Alaxa is probably the only master left of Selene (well only one with the arcane degree imo), where else on Gaia (new or old continent), can we find such masters?

-Are there any important Wizard Mentalist characters out there in Gaia lore? I vaguely recall some people thinking that Eljared might have been a Wizard Mentalist.

-In Gaia vol. 1, it is mentioned that some lesser gods hide in Graven or use it as a meeting point, so does Malekith participates in any of these meetings or have some requirements for them(invitation? etc...)?
1) Kamis, Godkiller.

2) Its a theory that Elja is one of them, and I think so. But i believe that officially (Wizard?) shes not XD
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 31 Dic 2016 20:39

Oh yeah Godkillers, plenty of those guys (Level 13-14, if we go with the established fact that Dereck is indeed the weakest of them and Kisidan is Level 14+4 modifiers is the strongest of them).
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 31 Dic 2016 20:41

The idea behind Guilty Gods if that after the activation of Rah's Machine, Divine energies were scarce. Add that to Christianity quickly expanding and swallowing most other religions and you suddenly have a lot of gods losing power really quickly. At that point, all gods start to look for sources of divine energy (No one wants to end like Ulrioka Yama), and they are like "Hey, I could kill another god and devour its essence!" Cue epic battles between gods fought by proxy through their servants to starve the other god of divine energies and absorpt what little they have left.

These gods use Summoners (Which are merely characters that more or less are "Ok" with their philosophies) to direct their forces: Sarah Reindhold, Saint Astraega and Kairos Akerontes Zeros for Lillium, and Arbiter Aizen, Ophiel Akerontes Zeros and Gemma Dhayanta for Umbra, although I believe Summoners were simply chosen because they looked cool and similar to the concept, as I don't think any of them is actually an agent of these forces (Aizen killing Umbra and wearing its face? I would not be surprised), and I believe the fights between gods took place after the activation of Rah's Machine, not now or in the recent past.

Lillium and Umbra were merely the decks featured in the starting set. It's a shame we didn't get to see at least at teaser of what other decks could have been. The game itself is cool, not hard to play and very entertaining, but with only two decks and decks being preconstructed, it gets old fast (Its rarity rules make me think there were plans for the game to become a living card game in which you can construct your own decks, but that's a very difficult market to enter).

PS: We do not know if Kisidan is the strongest, only that he is one of the 3 strongest Godkillers. But no idea of whether he is first, second or third.

PS2: Now that I think of it, a quick teaser of what other decks could have been for Guilty Gods would be greatly appreciated *wink* *wink*. I suppose Aytir and Yagarema decks would have been cool.
Light

Mensaje por Light » 31 Dic 2016 21:04

Superhero escribió:Oh yeah Godkillers, plenty of those guys (Level 13-14, if we go with the established fact that Dereck is indeed the weakest of them and Kisidan is Level 14+4 modifiers is the strongest of them).
No, Kisidan is one of the top 3. My oppinion is he is these number 2.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 31 Dic 2016 21:10

This does clarify a lot for Guilty Gods, still I do enjoy this background and there is lot of divine cannibalism in the history of Gaia when I think about it.

Yeah I imagine, if we only know that he is in top 3, #2 sounds appropriate, as I would find it hard to believe that he is the bottom of the top 3. Plus could explain his constant nervousness (yeah I know Imperium is powerful but still, with their M.O., Kisidan is most likely going to fight godkillers first before any agents of Imperium.)
Responder