Black Sun Most Important Families

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
lizvne

Re: Black Sun Most Important Families

Mensaje por lizvne » 25 Ago 2018 20:52

Sataruma escribió:
25 Ago 2018 16:55
1. Where can I find more infos on Victor Delacroix? I looked in Gaïa 2 and found nothing about him being sealed in Bekent. It would be a nice trip for them and i might throw in a signal from the awaken A.I. trapped there.

2. Do you think that the ultimate project of Jean-Pierre Delacroix, this "Angel of Death" (don't know about the translation) is in fact his wife, mixed with the power of the Book of the Dead and the black metal coin of Solomon? What kind of Necro-demigoddess would that be? Protodeus level?

3. Who has the Book right now? I believe it to be Jean-Pierre, who would need it for his final project. But Adrien seems to be the one with it.

4. What class and level should they be? That's really just for fun, but I always make sheets for the fairness of the fights.

Thanks a lot to anyone who might give a little help here.
2. Not sure about exact level (I'd assume 15, but I am not sure), bit considering Black Sun inspiration themes taken from Umbrella, Resident Evil, I'd say result would be something similar to Alexia Ashford.

3. I though it was Luther, but I am not sure.

4. Not enough info to even remotely guess, sadly.
Imagen
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 26 Ago 2018 07:48

Sataruma escribió:
25 Ago 2018 16:55
Hi everybody!
I just discovered this forum and wanted to jump right in. I'm french so please excuse spelling mistakes and syntax non-sense.

So i'm currently in the middle of an open-world campaign and my players stumbled upon one of the three war zeppelins of the Delacroix family, who was near Terrasanta to take aboard Delacroix escapees from the disaster in town. They decided to take it over and they did a pretty good job. I was going to make a simple map, Ctrl+c/Ctrl+v the one from the screen guide, but then i went all out and design an entire ship with techs almost "at par" with Solomon (I put Kingsley Warlock as the master of this ship, with Daggus as the captain...because eyepatch). I explain the "out of this world" ship of war by the fact that Warlock found and brought back three of the top engineers who had serve under Andromalius and used High Magic to keep'em without maintaining the cost in zeon. They accept to help Black Sun (they kept their free will) if in return they could dig up more and more Lost Loges (don't know about the translation) from Solomon.

Back to my game : After defeating Warlock and Daggus, they befriended the engineers, then decided that Black Sun was the big bad guys of the story from now on. They set themselves to find and confront the heads of the family. So this thread is a good start, for I think I might need to make sheets for the Delacroix (they teamed up with the Steiners at Terrasanta, so they view them as the only ok guys from Black Sun and wish to help them take over the corporation).

My too many questions :

1. Where can I find more infos on Victor Delacroix? I looked in Gaïa 2 and found nothing about him being sealed in Bekent. It would be a nice trip for them and i might throw in a signal from the awaken A.I. trapped there.

2. Do you think that the ultimate project of Jean-Pierre Delacroix, this "Angel of Death" (don't know about the translation) is in fact his wife, mixed with the power of the Book of the Dead and the black metal coin of Solomon? What kind of Necro-demigoddess would that be? Protodeus level?

3. Who has the Book right now? I believe it to be Jean-Pierre, who would need it for his final project. But Adrien seems to be the one with it.

4. What class and level should they be? That's really just for fun, but I always make sheets for the fairness of the fights.

Thanks a lot to anyone who might give a little help here.
1. Prometheum Exxet mentions him and most other stuffs were from a Q&A with the Author.

2. It would depend how far they get in their project really. Level 15 would be the most that I would see the Angel but would say if the PCs manage to intervene and slow down or stop the project you could probably knock down 2 or 3 levels for the Angel. I would say that Alexia Ashford is the biggest inspiration, if you aren't too familiar with Resident Evil, you could also take inspiration from Jenova FF7.

3. Prometheum Exxet clearly states that the Patriarch, Victor has the book in the secret base, of Black Sun, in Bekent. Adrien and Jean Pierre are using knowledge of the Book but well, if it is more convenient for your game, feel free to change who owns the Book. But technically yeah Victor sealed himself in a vault with the Book. It is assumed that Jean Pierre has probably the most complete partial copy of the Book of the dead out there.

4. They are good but don't think that Adrien is higher than level 9. The people to worry about are the seekers of Black Sun, it is assumed that Clover is the most powerful seeker still working for Black Sun, he is a level 12 weapon master and obviously inspired by Albert Wesker. On top of it, Black Sun has a bunch of undead in their service. Adrien essentially would never or should never be fought alone normally. Not enough information to know if Adrien is a spellcaster or not, he might just rely on minions and bodyguards.

Victor it's harder to pin point, but he seems to be set up as a Secret Boss, his obsession with the book of the dead, probably means that he can use the avatar power of the Book of the dead. So he might be Level 10 Wizard, but gaining 5 levels from his avatar power putting him at level 15, with monster powers on top of it.

Of course, this part could be totally optional and safely ignored, it is just speculation/opinions on my part.
dunnoww

Mensaje por dunnoww » 26 Ago 2018 08:35

I never really got that part that if Victor is really sealed in Bekent with the book and Adrien+Jean Pierre are the ones to mostly use the book's knowledge, even if partially, how it was Luther in A:T who ended up with the book's powers in his advantage card. Btw Luther is kinda forgotten in the Gaia books, so I heavily assume he was made up as a character during scheduling A:T. Btw do we know how many Delacroix and Steiner family members there are and how they relate to each other? That is always kinda left vague (beyond the obvious Adrien, who is the son of Jean Pierre and Alessa, or Richard's two daughters Felicia and Lynn).
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 26 Ago 2018 13:04

dunnoww escribió:
26 Ago 2018 08:35
I never really got that part that if Victor is really sealed in Bekent with the book and Adrien+Jean Pierre are the ones to mostly use the book's knowledge, even if partially, how it was Luther in A:T who ended up with the book's powers in his advantage card. Btw Luther is kinda forgotten in the Gaia books, so I heavily assume he was made up as a character during scheduling A:T. Btw do we know how many Delacroix and Steiner family members there are and how they relate to each other? That is always kinda left vague (beyond the obvious Adrien, who is the son of Jean Pierre and Alessa, or Richard's two daughters Felicia and Lynn).
Sadly that was why, I started this thread, to have a clearer counts or at least relationship between the various Delacroix and Steiners, but that's all we know about them.

Luther is supposedly in charge but even his story doesn't quite make sense, since they mention that he is the head of the Delacroix family but he is also just the Vice president of Black Sun. It should be noted also that all the incomplete copies of the Book of the Dead are just named Book of the Dead. (p. 116 of Arcana Exxet)

Supposedly Jean Pierre is currently the President of Black Sun.

But then again, I guess to be fair, an organization book is supposed to give us more details about all the organizations. But I believe the Organization book is bit further down the line, so won't see it in a long time. I believe the next book is the Gods one (after they release Anima version 2.0 or something).
dunnoww

Mensaje por dunnoww » 26 Ago 2018 14:59

Superhero escribió:
26 Ago 2018 13:04
Sadly that was why, I started this thread, to have a clearer counts or at least relationship between the various Delacroix and Steiners, but that's all we know about them.
Oh I totally missed the OP, my bad. (As far as I can tell, your list is from the French wiki.) Apart from Luther's lack of background, what puzzles me further how Felicia, being around a whopping level 5 (~30-35 in A:T terms), can be "one of the two most important members" of a family that clearly includes characters at level 9-12, controlling all kinds of abominations.

OFF: As for the organization books - I wish. But I very seriously doubt Anima 2.0 will happen at all.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 26 Ago 2018 15:15

dunnoww escribió:
26 Ago 2018 14:59
Superhero escribió:
26 Ago 2018 13:04
Oh I totally missed the OP, my bad. (As far as I can tell, your list is from the French wiki.) Apart from Luther's lack of background, what puzzles me further how Felicia, being around a whopping level 5 (~30-35 in A:T terms), can be "one of the two most important members" of a family that clearly includes characters at level 9-12, controlling all kinds of abominations.

OFF: As for the organization books - I wish. But I very seriously doubt Anima 2.0 will happen at all.
The level thing can get confusing some time, as they often mix up political power and combat abilities. Like Joshua Fardelys is a level 9 freelancer, but obviously combat isn't his main asset or Lucanor is level 16 (but doesn't fight like a level 16, more like a level 7-8 warrior).
dunnoww

Mensaje por dunnoww » 26 Ago 2018 15:53

It's true A:BF levels often don't translate well to A:T (sometimes characters with lower A:BF levels end up being massively stronger in terms of A:T levels or vica versa) but it seems Felicia lacks both political influence and combat abilities, indicated by her level 5. :)
Última edición por dunnoww el 26 Ago 2018 18:14, editado 1 vez en total.
Superhero

Mensaje por Superhero » 26 Ago 2018 16:01

Well to be fair Felicia Steiner is part of the Merchant Association of Ein (Phaion) which is basically like the trade council (Gabriel), where Adrien delacroix is actually sending assassins against her , so far seems all the assassination attempts have failed. She is one of the Meisters, the top 15 people who run the country and are also the most powerful. All the other meisters seem to be level 3 on average with her and Akio being the only level 5 of the Merchant association.

The Merchant association of Ein is also considered the world largest trading company to give a reference of how high she is on the food chain and that she is in the top 15.
dunnoww

Mensaje por dunnoww » 26 Ago 2018 18:24

Good points, and I believe such puzzling details or (possible) contradictions are often left for the GM's discretion to flesh out. Interesting to note that the English Gaia translation makes it clear it's Richard Steiner who's "one of the two greatest Black Sun members", but this could be a translation error as well, seeing how the French wiki associates this trait with Felicia. On the other hand, it's not unheard of that a completely capable but-otherwise-not-so-impressive character being in charge and holding great power/possessing wealth.
Sataruma

Mensaje por Sataruma » 27 Ago 2018 16:01

Thanks for the reminder about Victor, it is in fact clearly stated at the end of Prometheum Exxet. It's just that in Gaia 2, when you look at Bekent, there is no mention at all about that vault. The place is so hardcore it won't be a problem to add another secret base. And yes it is also stated that the Book of the Dead was copied in a couple of incomplete parts, so i'll just give each high profile Delacroix some of it's content. One of my players is aware of those texts because they all saw them in Terrasanta (he erased the memory of the team, being a good Wissenschaft agent), for it is stated that Colbert used it to create Project Ragnarok. This is why I wanted to clarify who had the real thing.

I too think that Felicia should be the front of the Steiner family and I really don't mind the level gaps in power. My players know that influence is a powerful weapon and they wouldn't dare assume anything when facing her.

I'll look into Alexia Ashford, at first glance it seems to be a good inspiration indeed. Speaking of it, did anyone here looked into the poem at the end of Gaia 2, the one written by Harael Grimoire? I ask because one of the seven entity seems to be Alessa (the sixth to be precise).

EDIT: Just saw that there's a thread about the five.

EDIT 2 : There seems to be some confusion in the books. It is said in Prometheum Exxet that the Patriarch is sealed in Bekent, but it's not clear if it's Victor or Jean-Pierre. Also, it is said that Adrian is the one creating the Phantom Angel, which doesn't makes sense, since in Gaia it is Jean-Pierre, who is sealed on Alessa (named after his deceased wife). His son Adrian is now the leader of the Delacroix branch. Mucho mucho unclear. Is it because of the translation, or even confusion with A:T? It would make sense that Victor doesn't exist, Jean-Pierre is sealed with the book on Alessa (creating the Angel) and that Adrian is the new boss. Bekent is really far away and Clover & co. discovered the book in Moth, which is not far from Hendell. Thoughts?
Responder