Inquisiton and Summoning

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Responder
LuscaTorresmo

Inquisiton and Summoning

Mensaje por LuscaTorresmo » 16 Dic 2018 02:33

I would like to know if it would be possible to have a summoner inquisitor. The inquisition is know by using the powers that it want to eliminate, so...

"Therefore, many Inquisitors possess psychic powers,Ki abilities, or even magic" - Page 242 of the core book. Even if summoning isn't cited (it says only "magic", not "summoning" in my GM's words), this information could be inferred?
Artorian Runaan

Re: Inquisiton and Summoning

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 16 Dic 2018 03:15

There are members of the Church at large that possess summoning abilities, Saints Astraega and Hazael for example, but as far as I know there isn't any Inquisitor who is a summoner. I guess it's not impossible, but summoning abilities are very unreliable when taken at face value in the setting, so it's probably not something the Inquisition would foster in its candidates. IMO, pure summoners would be definitely sent over to Nathaniel, with a possibility that the occasional warrior summoner would be retained as an Inquisitor.

If I remember anything in particular about this, I'll make another post, but otherwise assume I forgot or couldn't find anything :lol:
LuscaTorresmo

Mensaje por LuscaTorresmo » 16 Dic 2018 11:48

But considering that the inquisition would grow the children' potential, if a summoner endured the training and had this clear potential, would the inquisiton kill them then?
Artorian Runaan

Mensaje por Artorian Runaan » 16 Dic 2018 21:57

If a child is put through the Inquisitorial training, they would be able to swing a sword. No exceptions as far as I know. I guess it can be compared to how Jürgand has absolutely no summoners, in both cases the training is so hard that children with unreliable powers would die or wash out, so they aren't picked to even begin the training in the first place.

For this theoretical scenario though, uh, no. If the Inquisition picks a trainee, then trains them, they aren't going to suddenly stab them in the back when they graduate from the Monastery of Caedus. That'd make no sense. Waste of time, money, and a lot of effort.

IMO as I said above, a summoner would never be picked and the chance of a warrior summoner being picked is probably near zilch- both would be handed off to the Church or Nathaniel to work as a Saint.
Responder