Appreciation and Theories: The Unknown and The Five

For elements related to the world of Gaïa and its mysteries.
Responder
RegnierLoT

Appreciation and Theories: The Unknown and The Five

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 21 Ene 2017 15:25

Good day!

As fans of Anima, we know that a big part of the setting is making theories, discussing and perhaps discovering about the great mysteries of the stting. So, in light of the new info (particulary Gate of Memories info) and for sake of continuation, I have decided to make a topic to share what we know and what we think about the Unknown Messenger and The Five, our theories and our use of this elements on our campaigns, both for common knowledge and to appeciate this elements.

Example: when I use The Five on my setting is always through the use of Adam Lancerot and Malekith, most of the time as antagonists in the shadow.

As for The Unknown, what do you think about him/her/it? Who do you think he/she/it is?
Superhero

Re: Appreciation and Theories: The Unknown and The Five

Mensaje por Superhero » 21 Ene 2017 21:09

The Unknown was supposed to appear in GoM but at the end day, it didn't , pretty sure of it. So for most games, it is up to the GM to make the unknown. I kind of like the idea of building your own messenger.

The Five there are a bunch of theories.

The Beast: Behemoth could be an easy fit but he doesn't seem to be too social. Skule one of the devourer might fit the bill, so does Svalkistazalar the Zemial Dragon (only issue not sure if he is one of the dragon stuck in another interreign).

The Ancient: Deymos the messenger seems to fit the bill.

The Evil: Pride or Omega(at least the shadow of Omega).

The crow: Malekith

The nameless shadow: Supposedly it's the unknown messenger.

Angel yet to be born: Lazarus or the Phantom Angel project of the delacroix.

King without crown: Hringham, Lucanor, Nerelas or even Matthew Gaul.
Blues

Mensaje por Blues » 21 Ene 2017 21:19

The Unknown did appear in GoM. But only as a memory. Or who did you think Zero was?

(It's only a theory... But yeah, one I'm 99% sure of. The only cameo that didn't happen in the end was that of the XIIIth Cardinal, as AS said in the Steam forums)
Apparently "You can't put JoJo on all your Anima material!" was a warning and not a challenge...
RegnierLoT

Mensaje por RegnierLoT » 22 Ene 2017 14:07

I also think that Zero is The Unknown, or at least the idea of it. Maybe Baal couldn't confirm nor deny its existence and that's why it doesn't seem to have any memory/identity of its own, yet it seems to be alike the memories of the Noth as it seems to move freely through the Tower, perhaps implying that it is no normal memory.

I like the theory that The Unknown is Zerath, but it seems strange: the other Messengers are full on classified, even things like Bringreus which doesn't seem to get involved on the events of the world, so one would assume that if Zerath has the cappacities of a Messenger it would be already on the list. I think it speaks volumen about whatever is The Unknown that no one seems to be capable of really telling if it exists or not.

After all, the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Light

Mensaje por Light » 22 Ene 2017 14:59

Zerath cannot be The Unknow, sorry.
Anima Project

Mensaje por Anima Project » 23 Ene 2017 10:40

Just a coment; The Beast is NOT The Behemoth.
Responder